Getting a C550 Monday.. best way to FULLY unlock

Guest jamiem1987

Guest jamiem1987

Hi, im sure this has been asked many a time beforebut i cannot find all the answers to my question, so i am sorry for asking this.

I will be getting a c550 on orange pay as you go, and i have a vodafone sim card i am wanting to use. Seems as i already have a pocket pc i will be wanting to explore the smartphones capabilities so i would also like to application unlock the phone.

Whats the easiest way when i first recieve my fone to FULLY (not temporary) application unlock the phone, and then sim unlock the phone.

Once again im sorry if this has been asked. Thanks, Jamie.

Guest mcwarre

Hi and welcome to teh site ;)!

For full application unlock look here

For SIM unlock on C550 look here. I seem to remeber that you may need an Orange SIM to unlock it, altough I may be wrong. (this is free but does not survive a hard reset - (wiping the phone totally))

Guest jamiem1987

hi thanks for your quick reply i notice on the aplication unblock link you gave me it says on the site...

"The process of disabling the certificate security temporarily allows developers to install and test unsigned applications. After you have completed and tested your application, you may submit your application for signing (see "application signing" section of the Orange UK Developers Forum site). Once your application is signed, you will need to enable certificate security to confirm that your application runs correctly on a standard device"

by it saying it temporarily allows developers..etc does this mean it will be application unlocked for a certain period of time and then get locked again? If this is the case whats the best bet for aplicatin unlocking? The link you provided OR regedit as i have seen on this forum? Thanks again in advance, Jamie.

Guest PPCPassion
hi thanks for your quick reply i notice on the aplication unblock link you gave me it says on the site...

"The process of disabling the certificate security temporarily allows developers to install and test unsigned applications. After you have completed and tested your application, you may submit your application for signing (see "application signing" section of the Orange UK Developers Forum site). Once your application is signed, you will need to enable certificate security to confirm that your application runs correctly on a standard device"

by it saying it temporarily allows developers..etc does this mean it will be application unlocked for a certain period of time and then get locked again? If this is the case whats the best bet for aplicatin unlocking? The link you provided OR regedit as i have seen on this forum? Thanks again in advance, Jamie.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, No. It won't lock itself again after a certain period of time. It's not Like "trial period". It will lock only if you follow the process of locking it. Trust me. I am in USA and did not even have Orange SIM cardand my C550 has been unlocked since day 1. Just follow the process and you will be fine.

Good Luck!