What is wrong ?

Guest Thumper Net

the screen shot from my C550 shows a bluetooth connection that is not bluetooth its a wifi connection .when i complete the settings i can use my wanadoo wifi conection on my C550 to internet .

i know the C550 does not have wifi but why does mine connect to my wifi network ?

it does not have bluetooth in the modem , on my C500 it does not see this or connect to it .

ideas ??? iam confused here :?:

Guest fluffcat1

Pass through from a bluetooth adaptor attached to your computer? Or from a neighbours maybe? Bluetooth print server?

What is the spec of your computer?

EDIT - try shutting a nearby computer down and see what that does to yuor connection.

Richard

Edited by fluffcat1

the connection is from my own wifi connection with all the laptops switched off i still get a connection and can internet , i have reseted the modem and re boothed the phone but i still get the connection :| seems strange my other smartphones do not see this connection .

Guest fluffcat1
the connection is from my own wifi connection with all the laptops switched off i still get a connection and can internet , i have reseted the modem and re boothed the phone but i still get the connection :| seems strange my other smartphones do not see this connection .

What make / model is your modem?

Richard

Guest Pondrew

Very nice problem to have Peekie!

Can't think of any explanation other then bluetooth pass through but that doesn't explain ur other Smarphone's inability to see the connection...

Unless u've discovered the hidden wifi module built into the HTC Hurricane ;)

Guest pd.ryder

What an aweful problem to have ;)

I think I'll keep my eye on this one......

Did you do anything particular to find the connection - I assume you just searched for new devices and hey-presto. My mate's got a wi-fi modem so I'll give it a go next time I'm at his house.

Edited by pd.ryder

whats the model of the modem, maybe it's got a legacy bluetooth hardware version? - mind you you should not be able to BOND to it, to use wifi.. thats unless you got activesync on the router!

If you power off the router, can the phone still see it? - is it nextdoors kit?

The modem i have is a wanadoo live box , you can see it here http://www.wanadoo.nl/livebox/ i have the 20 mbs connection .if i switch it off i do not see the connection only when its on.

my other phones SPV E200, C500 ,M1000 and my qtek S100 do not see the connection :| iam 4 meters from the livebox and if i go outside( 9 meters ) i do not see the connection ;) maybe my bluetooth on the phone is screwed :??: just had the over the air upgrade of my live box and cannot connect as my wifi has now got a higher and longer code than i can insert in the box :D

• 1 month later...
Guest kfaessen
The modem i have is a wanadoo live box , you can see it here http://www.wanadoo.nl/livebox/ i have the 20 mbs connection .if i switch it off i do not see the connection only when its on.

my other phones SPV E200, C500 ,M1000 and my qtek S100 do not see the connection  :| iam 4 meters from the livebox and if i go outside( 9 meters ) i do not see the connection  :) maybe my bluetooth on the phone is screwed  :??: just had the over the air upgrade of my live box and cannot connect as my wifi has now got a higher and longer code than i can insert in the box  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The wanadoo livebox DOES have a bluetooth module inside it. You can configure and set it up on the wanadoo live box config page (http://192.168.1.1) within the advanced settings (geavanceerd). The default username and password is admin/admin.

It's too bad that the MS smartphone's can't use the internet connection of it because they only connect to active sync which is not on the livebox.

Read also the manual about how to use the bluetooth function of the livebox.