Vodafone UK GPRS - Internet not available :(

Guest Ben_2

Hi guys,

Excellent forum - thanks to your advice, I bought an Orange PAYG SPV C550 yesterday for £149.99 ( see www.orange.co.uk or instore) and application and SIM unlocked it - quite a bargin I think!

Great phone, lovely crisp screen and nice camera but I have a couple of problems getting internet working.

Have spent hours trying every possible setting for Vodafone GPRS (my SIM is supplied and billed on contract from OneTel.co.uk but works on Vodafone) but nothing is working.

I have tried the settings in "Smartphone Settings Repository" and searched for Vodafone posts and tried all settings I found - but no luck ;)

I know GPRS is enabled on my SIM as I used it alot on my old Nokia 6260 with the following settings :

[Connects to : Internet]

AP : wap.vodafone.co.uk

U/N : wap

P/W : wap

DNS : 0.0.0.0

IP : none set

Now, these settings work great and it's fast too!) on my Nokia 6260 - access to bbc.co.uk, google.co.uk and anything else you want, BUT swapping the SIM to the C550 and setting the data settings in GPRS connections as the same and setting Internet Explorer to connect via "The Internet" goes thro' the process of "Connecting"...then "Finding Site" but doesn't display site (error : Page cannot be found). :D

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong as these are exactly the same setting that work on 6260! I have tried changing "Connects to: to WAP and Secured WAP (with associated I/Explorer setting) but nothing works!

The only thing I can think it that the Orange settings remain somewhere (maybe registry) even tho' I have deleted settings.

Finally, I tried my Orange SIM back in the C550 and re-added the Orange GPRS settings which worked perfectly - therefore I know the C550 GPRS feature works but just not with my Voda SIM.

Any advice greatly appreciated - I'm tearing my hair out now!

Thanks,

Ben

have you deleted the Orange GPRS connection settings??

i did exactly like you did, but it always seemed to default to Orange...........i deleted all Orange connections and selected Vodafone as default GPRS and all was then ok

interestingly, if you select Vodafone without deleting Orange and you turn the phone off and then on, the Orange connection is selected as default again !!

kept getting the same 'connecting' and failures but now all is ok..............