XML files don't do anything

Guest gobbles23

Guest gobbles23

Sorry I just got my mpx220 today and I cannot figure out how to use the XML files. I put them wherever it says to and it doesn't do anything. I click on the XML and it opens Internet Explorer and just says it is untitled. I cannot find info anywhere that will help me. Thanks guys

Guest gobbles23

I have tried to change the homepage with an .xml and a .jpg. I have tried to install a few apps that have just been an .xml and a .001 file or something like that. I just am not sure what to do with them. Sorry again I am very new to all this.

Guest gobbles23

Thanks for the help guys, I am learning this stuff slowly. I figured out the whole home screen thing. After I put the .xml file and .jpg there I didn't know what to do, I found the home screen option to change all that in the options. I do have this program that is called m2simcopy and it just has 3 files, .001 .002 and .xml. I loaded them onto the phone and I cannot find a way to get it to work. I can't find a way to get my contacts off the sim chip and into the phone memory.

Guest Disco Stu

I've never owned an MPx220 and have never heard of m2simcopy - got a link to its homepage ? - but you may have SIM Manager in your Accessories folder.

Hit Menu, Select All then Add To Contacts.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@Disco Stu

M2Sim Copy from Marauderz:

http://www.marauderzstuff.com/programs/m2s...py/default.aspx

@gobbles23

The installer comes in CAB format (m2simcopy.cab). You don't have to extract the contents on your PC but instead, copy the CAB file to your phone's Start Menu\Accessories folder then run it from there. Installation should begin the moment you click on the CAB file.

Guest gobbles23
Later versions of mpx220 firmwares don't have a SIM card utility

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I searched and searched to try to find a way to get the contacts off the sim chip and onto the phone and couldn't. Finally got that m2simcopy to work. I downloaded so many apps, games, everything before I received my phone that they were just .rar files to me, or that is what it looked like anyway, when I saw them on the desktop. I got most of the tweaking done on my phone, I am now finally going to put some ringtones on and try to get some pics of people to attach to the contacts.

Edited by gobbles23