[GUIDE] How to sync WMP 10 with your C550

Guest MiG:uK

See i dont know wat all the fuss is about syncing with WMP 10, so im just going to give my advice, whether it works or not, on how to sync your phone with wmp 10.

for starters this is my system set-up:

Windows XP Professional (5.1, build 2600) - check dxdiag for your version

Windows Media Player 10 (10.00.00.3802)

Activesync v3.8.0 (Build 5004)

Ensure that activesync has a profile with your phone, and that you have synced some sort of information at least once, as this registers the profile for future use and saves time and connection problems for the future.

this is the screen i get upon loading activesync:

post-148856-1130706878_thumb.jpg

This is because i havent got outlook set-up properly but then again my office needs re-installing :roll:

Then i'd give the computer a minute, to sync, no need to restart, just carry-on im sure modern computers will cope with the shock. ;)

after that then open up windows media player, and click on the sync picture. hopefully, you should then get the following screen:

post-148856-1130707032_thumb.jpg

Then choose the storage card option, the other two options dont seen to function all that well.

then you just choose a playlist and click sync.

If you dont have the device available, goto tools ---> options... ---> devices.

post-148856-1130707342_thumb.jpg

then bash refresh a few times to see if that will find the device, it should do.

I dont see the problems people are having, it worked first time for me :shock: suppose i must be lucky. :D

MiG.

Guest Smartguy03

Sometimes it works for me too, but then after a few times u still gon' see an error...

Try to sync about 5 songs a few times and then u'll see... just an internal error:s

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dronkula

The problem I find is that it starts to sync, then normally get's about 90% through it and then just aborts.

There's plenty of room on the storage card - so it's not running out of room (in fact, I can copy the songs over onto the card using Windows Explorer).

The reason why I want to do it through WMP is because I've been buying my music legally through MSN Music and if you don't sync through WMP, it doesn't copy over the DRM stuff and can't play the tracks.

• 1 month later...

been trying to work out why my phone wouldnt sync corrently and stumbled on this post - checked my pc wmp ver - even though the update site said i didnt need any updates - my wmp ver was 10.00.00.3569

downloaded the app manually from microsoft and now i can sync with no errors to my c550 and c500 phones

cheers MiG