Messaging & Security Feature Pack

Guest tme

Anyone know if the Messaging & Security Feature Pack is available for download from Microsoft :??: I've had a hunt around but haven't found any links? We've just installed Exchange 2003 SP2 but desperately want to get MSFP installed to get the push email and remote wiping working on our XDA Execs.

It looks like it's available through the device suppliers. See the bottom right-hand box on this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/bus.../5/default.mspx

====

Device Availability and Upgrades

Devices and upgrades will be available sometime early next calendar year through our major device maker (OEM) and mobile operator partners. Please contact your device maker or mobile operators for more details regarding availability, or sign up to get e-mail announcements about Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 delivered directly to you.

====

Wizard

It looks like it's available through the device suppliers. See the bottom right-hand box on this page:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't actually think it's out at all yet....the download page for E2K3 SP2 says "....Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Mobile Web Administration tool, a separate Web tool required for the new remote wipe feature, coming in late 2005" - yeah, and I know October is late 2005, but we're talking about Microsoft's calendar so "late 2005" = Feb 2006 ;)

I wanna get it installed on a test server at work so I can persuade my boss to buy it for our company....that should be a good enough reason to get me an M5000 too :D. I'll keep my eye out and post a news item (unless someone beats me to it!) as soon as I find anything out.

Mark.

Don't actually think it's out at all yet....the download page for E2K3 SP2 says "....Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync Mobile Web Administration tool, a separate Web tool required for the new remote wipe feature, coming in late 2005" - yeah, and I know October is late 2005, but we're talking about Microsoft's calendar so "late 2005" = Feb 2006  ;)

I wanna get it installed on a test server at work so I can persuade my boss to buy it for our company....that should be a good enough reason to get me an M5000 too  :D.  I'll keep my eye out and post a news item (unless someone beats me to it!) as soon as I find anything out.

Mark.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is not available to the public yet. At a recent Microsoft MSDN presentation they stated that it will be available early 2006, available on new devices in ROM, and available as a download for exisitng WM5 devices.