October has passed and the C600 isn't available!

Guest trevormuk

Guest trevormuk

No great surprise really ... but why do they announce it and state it will be launched by the end of the month... and not have any intention of doing so!

Crazy really!

Guest adjonline

I accept deadlines get missed...what gets me is how the Press Release finally confirmed the dates was issued just four days ago! Surely they know four days from the 'deadline' whether it can be met or not!

Guest Disco Stu

Probably because people keep pestering them for release dates ! :roll: ;)

Most of my work in the last 6 months has been completed way past the deadline due to computer hardware / software / staff shortage / wrong type of leaves on the line problems so I guess it's the same for them.

Moved to Tornado section, along with all the others :D

Guest hotphil

I think I'm starting to get the hang of SPV release dates now - take any rumoured date, add 3 months or so for an "official" date, add 6 months for actual date, subtract a large number of customers who go to other networks because they're fed up waiting.

well i guess i am just lucky as my contract ends in jan... this has always been just after most releases for the SPV. :-) i have never had to wait! unlucky for those who have contracts that contracts that end in june or july!

well i guess i am just lucky as my contract ends in jan... this has always been just after most releases for the SPV. :-) i have never had to wait! unlucky for those who have contracts that contracts that end in june or july!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my contract ended in October and it is a pain in the ass waitnin for this release

my contract ended in October and it is a pain in the ass waitnin for this release

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Snap. Not even sure wether I want this phone anyway.

Very disappointing Orange.

Guest Disco Stu

Come the revolution.....

chin up chaps,
your next pay-packet
will come.. give it time
Mr
ugly yet functional
Orange Phone Trainer !

:twisted: :twisted: :D :D :D :( :( ;)

With hugest apologies for my stupid sense of humour - no offense whatsoever intended

Guest buddymoore

Hey Guys

I know this is no real consolation but I picked up the November Orange magazine yesterday and the c600 is included in their list of phones so only a matter of time I guess. It doesn't seem to make a great deal about it but i've been waiting so long for this - i'm in evrey day asking if it's there yet. Main feature for me is Bluetooth 1.2 which I am hoping with support stereo bluetooth headsets

Regards

Matt

Guest chrisbpr

as the c600 didnt have wifi & didn't have any thing more to offer than the c500/550 i stayed with orange & got a se k600i & tbph even though the se hasn't go wmp,big storage etc it does all i could ever want from a phone & the menus are a joy to use after wm...so its so long wm untill some better spec, more reliable handsets come long

Guest Disco Stu

I hope Sporkguy appreciated my word-fun. ;)

My C550 has contracted Satan's Joystick so I'm back on the C500 and, though I appreciate the better key-spacing, my eyes are aching from the puny screen resolution. :cry:

I don't think the C550 is good enough to be worth replacing at this late stage so am really hoping Orange can pull their fingers out and get the C600 tested and released before we all die from bird flu.

Guest Harders

A man from Orange told me the C600 would be released at the end of next week.

I guess that's near enough to keep us all interested and vague enough to be worthless!

Guest capt_janeway

Lost patience with Orange and decided to go to O2......my i-mate sp5 is on order with phones2you on a better tariff and free of charge.....

Been an orange customer for 8+ years and was quoted £300 for the M5000 as an upgrade

Guest vwilsonuk

Yay its listed at last.

Am still frustrated by the lack of wifi. Am also frustrated that the imate wifi being only 11b anyway and the imate sp5 looking so much less slick than the Orange C600 means I'll probably still give Orange my money. I'd like to resist its silver coated loveliness on the principle of denying a cynical organisation revenue it doesn't deserve, but I'm just too superficial.

Still depends how much Orange is going to try and charge me, mind, particularly for data. At home I have a bluetooth dongle ... perhaps I need one for my desk at work as well. Most of the places you really need a phone for internet connectivity don't have wifi anyway - that's the whole point.

Edited by vwilsonuk