Ringtone

Guest lwd

I've had this problem with two c550 handsets now, ringtones seem to vanish from the phone, all you hear when it rings is the standard "beep" sound. And when you try to change to ringtone by selecting a new one and pressing done.....nothing happens and your stuck with the same "non existent Ring"...?

Guest SilentlyScreaming

Sounds like a problem found on the C500.

Do you have TCMCP (formerly BetaPlayer) installed on your phone? If so, goto to options, file associations, and disassociate XXX (sure others willl helpout, I think it was something weird like WMV) files. Restart phone, try again.

Guest Disco Stu

TCPMP usually takes over the association with MP3 files, when the phone needs them to be associated with Windows Media Player.

I use Binarys Smart Explorer for file association - in File, Open I think - but there may well be that option in TCPMP and / or WMP.

I don't think this applies in your case but wav files need to be PCM format and ringtones need to be in either \Storage \Application Data \Sounds or the storage card or you will lose them completely when you restart the phone.

Sounds like a problem found on the C500.

Do you have TCMCP (formerly BetaPlayer) installed on your phone? If so, goto to options, file associations, and disassociate XXX (sure others willl helpout, I think it was something weird like WMV) files. Restart phone, try again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.....that was it...how strange...

cheers for that