SD Cards

Guest rhaleuk

Guest rhaleuk

Finally getting the phone tomorrow and want to make use of the large screen size for movies. Is there a confirmed statement or spec sheet of the largest supported SD card size?

And where would be the best place to pick up say a 2 or 4 gig SD card?

Cheers,

Rich

Guest Confucious

Doubt if there is a (practical) max - Any spec sheet would just show what it's been tested with not a theoretical max.

4Gb not really available yet (see http://www.mobymemory.co.uk/4GB.SD.Card.3588.html) but can be had off eBay - but watch the P&P and ins charges and no guarantee.

Best place for 2Gb is probably Moby Memory. I used them after a recommendation from someone else on these forums and service is quick and efficient and prices are competitive (2Gb £93)

HTH

Guest philtech44
Finally getting the phone tomorrow and want to make use of the large screen size for movies.  Is there a confirmed statement or spec sheet of the largest supported SD card size?

Cheers,

Rich

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try:

http://www.flash-memory.co.uk

http://www.misco.co.uk/categories/~1100122...e%20Digital.htm

Guest Confucious
Anyone know what maximum SD card transfer rate the M500 can handle??

I would be suprised if it can handle anything other than the slowest SD cards. It wouldn't be worth paying more for a hi speed card as these are aimed at multi-megapixel cameras where vast amounts of data need to be saved very quickly in multi shoot modes.

Or so I believe....

Guest philtech44
I would be suprised if it can handle anything other than the slowest SD cards. It wouldn't be worth paying more for a hi speed card as these are aimed at multi-megapixel cameras where vast amounts of data need to be saved very quickly in multi shoot modes.

Or so I believe....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks again C

Finally getting the phone tomorrow and want to make use of the large screen size for movies.  Is there a confirmed statement or spec sheet of the largest supported SD card size?

Cheers,

Rich

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Noticed you mentioned you wanted to view movies on the "large" screen.

I've downloaded a couple of videos from microsoft (.NET Show) and playing these back was a disapointment. It does not seem possible to enlarge the video to fit the large screen. all I get is a black screen with a small video running in the middle. Looks like WM10 does not have an option to double the image size.

Anyone got around this?

Guest dolphinsmile

Yes get Betaplayer on you handheld. Convert some DVDs using software. Run that through PocketDivXEncoder on your PC then transfer to handheld and you'll have the best in motion picture in your pocket.

Betaplayer and PocketDivXEncoder are free and amazing

Guest rhaleuk

Rather brilliantly "betaplayer" can play all the videos I have already converted for the PSP. These were made using PSPWare on Mac OSX. It does require an AAC codec to be added which is where things go a bit prickly on the legal side so I wont link to it. Google is thy friend 8)

Edited by rhaleuk

• 2 months later...
Guest geraintwd

I got a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II SD from Bristol Cameras (found via Froogle). £75 plus £2.50 postage - bargain for RM Special Delivery, then again I suppose it's not heavy.