SPV M5000 extra battery!?!?

Guest afhstingray

Guest philtech44
Saw a couple of posts which say it only came with one battery. Is this true? Bummer....

i thought the reviews said it came with 2 !!

pity...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no SD card is unfair too

Guest basharv

Mine came with one. Called business support and complained. Told there should be 2 and that upgrades would send one out. Have to call back tomorrow to confirm if it has been sent.

Guest afhstingray

they should leave out the dumb case and supply a 128 meg sd card lol....it'd be perfect for backups at least.....

p.s so does that mean when i get mine if it only has one battery in the box i can call up and request them to deliver another?

Edited by afhstingray

Guest Pondrew

If it's any comfort guys, don't think any of the other Universals come with a spare battery either (although the MDA Pro does come with a 512meg mini sd in sd converter for some bizarre reason!)

Guest afhstingray

so is it true>? they do not provide an additional battery?

darn im disappointed. i doubt one battery is enough for me. i use wifi all the time !!

Guest rickyburke

although i will be requesting my second battery, it wont really do any good, because unlike the m2000 you cant charge a battery through the cradle seperate from the phone, because there is no cradle.

Guest dazza12

I've mentioned in the 'Who's got their M5000' topic about the Orange.com website stating it's got an additional battery.

There's at least one person on that topic that's contacted Orange and have got them to send out an additional battery.

Bearing in mind they've stated it's got an additional battery they've got to supply the product as advertised.

Guest nowimboard

Can I just ask?

Is it only Busniess customers that get the extra battery?

ON the stright forward orange site it says nothing about an additional battey, yet there is a link on one of the other topics that state is DOES come with an additional battery. Am I just being dumb?

Guest Pondrew

Just charge the spare battery (when it arrives ;)) in the M5000! After all, now that WM5 has delivered Persistant Storage there shouldn't be the risk of data loss anymore 8)

Guest rickyburke

yeah i like the new persistant storage, gone are they days of worrying if you can get home before your backup battery dies!

or if you want to actually turn it off, and take the battery off, i.e. on a plane you can.

when will airlines actually let you put a phone on flight mode!!!! only like one or two let you at the moment!

Guest daisysmurf

:?: Has anyone actually recieved their extra battery , I have been given the run-about from orange for the last 20 minutes saying that it doesn't come with an extra battery @ all , however that the website did state it for 2 hours and they took it off !!!!

Cheers

I phoned and was told no there is not supposed to be another battery in the box?

Confused  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me too. It seems an email has been sent around at Orange saying the SPV M5000 is only to be supplied with one battery.

Anyone got a workaround?

Wiz.

Guest Larnsky

Well i complained last wednesday and was told one would be put in the post to me and would be with me in about 6-7 days, so i hope that it slipped through the system if thats the case!

Guest dazza12
:?: Has anyone actually recieved their extra battery , I have been given the run-about from orange for the last 20 minutes saying that it doesn't come with an extra battery @ all , however that the website did state it for 2 hours and they took it off !!!!

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's actually been on the Orange.com website for several days. I think they've realised customers with M5000s aren't as thick as they originally thought.

It may well say elsewhere that there is only one battery, but the fact is if a shop had displayed two notices, one stating it came with two and the other with one, the shop would have to honour the 2nd battery. Why should Orange be different?

I'm also waiting for a promised 2nd battery. Whether they honour it or not is up to them, but it's a lot less than negative PR would cost them.

Guest daisysmurf

Well have escalated it and am waiting for a call from a customer services manager, was actually told by someone at orange that the orange.co.uk website had two different sections one for exiting customers and another for new customers. The guy @ orange actually suggested that the bit stating the two batteries was only for new customers, so asked him whether orange were in the habit of sending out different phones to different sets of customers and he said yes, the website had 2 different sections for different types of customers , oh the mind bogles :??:

Guest afhstingray

the person who i spoke to said he will send one out.

just to make sure i called back yesterday and asked them abt it, and they told me yes, there was a note on my account saying that they had sent a notice to the warehouse and it will be posted within a week

Guest vampyre69

i called them today and they told me it only comes with one battery, i check orange.com and it still says Supplied With:...ADDITIONAL BATTERY

http://www.orange.com/English/multinational/3924.asp

so ill be phoning them tomorrow as i spoke to a chap in an orange shop regarding getting a charger for work and he asked why when I could just swap the battery over with the spare.

Came off the phone to them a few hours back. I had originally called them on Monday, and was told that it should have come with a spare, and he would get one sent straight out.

But after not receiving anything i rang up and was told that i definately couldn't have one. The website, and the details on their system were wrong.

So i complained for a while to the girl, then asked for a manager. She told me that the accessories department haven't got any in stock, and has now credited my account with £24.99, so i can go and buy one from elsewhere ;)

Hope this helps some of you :D

Guest philtech44
the person who i spoke to said he will send one out.

just to make sure i called back yesterday and asked them abt it, and they told me yes, there was a note on my account saying that they had sent a notice to the warehouse and it will be posted within a week

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any joy yet??