Speaker / Mic Problem?

Guest Kylah

Hey guys / gals

I'm having problems with my phone. Earlier tonight I was trying to make an outgoing call and the phone would dial (though I had no dial-tone) and connect to the person, however they could not hear me, nor could I hear them.

I thought it was just a one-time problem, only to realize that it's doing it on every call now.

So I resigned myself to thinking that my phone's mic and speaker had gone out at the same time. However, my speaker is working and so is my mic (because I just made a voice record) so I am at a loss.

The phone is working like normal, aside from when I am trying to place or recieve a phone. I've also done a hard-reset and am in the process of reverting back to WM2002 all to no avail.

Do you know of any other issue like this and how to fix it?

Is this something wrong on Cingular's end?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Try using the handsfree option (press and hold green answer button for a few seconds to activate) and see if you can hear the person on the other end during a call as this uses a different speaker to the normal voice calls.

Try using the handsfree option (press and hold green answer button for a few seconds to activate) and see if you can hear the person on the other end during a call as this uses a different speaker to the normal voice calls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No go on that one awarner. I popped my sim into a new phone at work and it worked great. Then, about 1 or 2 today, my phone is magically working again. So I don't know what the heck is up with it.