SPV C550 Music Kit

Guest clonmult

Guest clonmult

Seen on the orange web site that the C550 can now be had with a music kit - 512meg SD card, hifi connection cables, etc.

has anyone seen the hifi kit, and know what is actually contains - is it 3.5 mm adapter and also stereo phono connectors?

Every point that I think I know what phone I'm going to get next, the goalposts get moved. Its pretty cool, the competition in the market for music phones!

This is the one I got when I ordered it the other day from Orange.

Handy 512mb miniSD card and a audio cables - I don't think I'll ever use the phone as a music player.

Guest hotphil

I'm the opposite - I've only used the mp3 playing capability for 20 minutes on one commute when my main mp3 player's battery died. The headphones supplied with C550 are, at best, shocking. I've never bothered since. Hopefully HTC will one day realise that having a 3.5mm socket for a phone aimed as a media device is worth the effort - either in addition to the handsfree 2.5mm socket, or instead of. Surely it's not a massive challenge? Mind you, we're still waiting for them to get the hang of dust-free screens, yes?

Bit miffed that a 512mb card is now being supplied with the C550 though. Still, these things happen.

Bit miffed that a 512mb card is now being supplied with the C550 though. Still, these things happen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Something better always comes (i.e. updated model) out just after you've bought it, be it phones, computers or cars... like you say - typical!

Guest dronkula

It's ironic though that they're flogging the C550 as a music playing phone - and the one thing you can't do with it is use Windows Media Player to sync tracks between your handset and your PC!

So, if you want to play legally downloaded tracks you've got to use the Orange Music Player and pay twice as much as other legal download sites...

Guest Trillian

I just got the SPV C550 and it is pretty good, I got all the cables with it and the SD card, but I had the C500 before it so I kinda knew what I was getting. Plus working for a teleommunication's company helps! ;)

Guest mattlyon62
It's ironic though that they're flogging the C550 as a music playing phone - and the one thing you can't do with it is use Windows Media Player to sync tracks between your handset and your PC!

So, if you want to play legally downloaded tracks you've got to use the Orange Music Player and pay twice as much as other legal download sites...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why cant you sync between media player on your pv and the c550?

Guest Dark Horse

I got the new C550 music kit last week and its sweet. Here's the full contents:

- C550 moby with battery

- Stereo Headphones

- 3.5mm headphone adaptor so you can plug in your favourite pair of cans

- 512MB Mini SD card

- 3.5mm gold plated stereo hifi cables to connect to a hifi (used with the 3.5mm adaptor)

- USB cable

- CD ROM and manuals

- Orange marketing literature

Best of all, this was free on an OVP upgrade! Check out the the Orange website and order direct as it seems Orange do love us after all and are now allowing cheap upgrades on the OVP tariff.

Don't see any point waiting for a C600, WM05 doesn't have anything useful other than Wifi and O have kindly removed that to make the moby as least attractive as possible.

Regards,

Dark Horse

• 1 month later...
Guest wally(tm)

I have C550 for 3 and half month .... and right now I'm waiting for c600 because of this stupid sync isue ..... grrrrrrr

sorry for my english :) I'm from Poland xD

I have C550 for 3 and half month .... and right now I'm waiting for c600 because of this stupid sync isue ..... grrrrrrr

sorry for my english :) I'm from Poland xD

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can still put music on your phone. Just Copy and Paste the song using ActiveSync --> Explore

sync issues ? easy fix.

rip tracks. while this is doing connect phone. click "sync" button on activsync just to let the pc know it's there (Stupid I know cause it's already looked for changes)

In media player choose tracks to sync then click on sync button in media player.

total time this morning to rip new Cd and syn so I could listen to fresh tracks while on the way to work. 12 mins. 7 mins to rip. time to make a coffee. 5 to sync.

Drink coffee & update mobipocket.

I only have problems if I forget to sync the phone first. Can't be bothered to take out battery,take out memory car.put in adapter,put in pc,copy,past,reverse it all then wait ages for phone to boot when it can be doing it all while I'm doing other stuff in the morning.

Mrmond.