Has anyone got Tomtom working on imate SP5?

Guest duncan888

If you hold a real copy of tomtom then there will not be a problem with reactivating

email tomtom and they can help you :) if you hold a pirate copy then your luck is up and the only way will be to purchase it

I'm going to try this tool tonight...

http://www.mobilenetswitch.com/TTqvga/

Will let you know the results. What i've read you need to reboot the phone after you finished using tomtom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't seem to get this to work.

I installed TTqvga on my Qtek 8310 (=same as I-Mate SP5; win Mobile 2005, 320x240), but when i Run it, nothing happens. The resolution won't change too. the phone doesn't even hang-up. i can continue working, but

If I start TomTom Mobile (before or after reboot) it's still opening in the small unreadable screen like before.

Am I doing something wrong?

I can't use the patch from TomTom unfortunately; TT woesnt seem to return my mails...

Thanks in advance!

• 11 months later...
you will so love the screen on the sp5!!

hi all

i just came across this forum and would love to try tomtom on my i-mate sp5.

anyone know where i can find the latest tomtom compatible with the sp5 (and sp3i if possible) ?

id love to try this sucker out, might even buy a bluetooth gps unit from eBay if it works out

Guest conan_troutman

yeah you buy it from TOMTOM make sure its windows version not symbian or and make sure its the smartphone version not PPC and away you go

unfortunetly no trial versions but seing as it works and personally its aname to trust you have decide is it worth the money and will yuo use it enough to justify the purchase

Idid and do

yeah you buy it from TOMTOM make sure its windows version not symbian or and make sure its the smartphone version not PPC and away you go

unfortunetly no trial versions but seing as it works and personally its aname to trust you have decide is it worth the money and will yuo use it enough to justify the purchase

Idid and do

i don't see tomtom for Windows Mobile 5 Smartphones (aka i-mate sp5) anywhere on the tomtom sight.

Guest conan_troutman
i don't see tomtom for Windows Mobile 5 Smartphones (aka i-mate sp5) anywhere on the tomtom sight.

you want tomtom mobile 5 for smartphone thats all you need to look for if it works on the MPX 220 it will work on SP5 as that is whhat i use

you want tomtom mobile 5 for smartphone thats all you need to look for if it works on the MPX 220 it will work on SP5 as that is whhat i use

ok... can you give me a mini review :-)

whats it like a such a small screen ?

any problems ?

Guest conan_troutman

personally I think its perfect for me i can use it while walking I can use while on my bike ( the peddle kind) voices are loud and clear and using a Krussel case with bike attachment it fits to the handle bars, but best of all I have a hard wired car kit with the mute function disabled this gives me a good view of the map on the screen voices come through loud and clear on the seperate speaker all the while I can have the stereo on loud and still get directions and with that feature that wins it over a stand alaone sat nav.

other than that it is exactly like any other tomtom device

Guest awarner (MVP)

Just remember you can only use TomTom5 and not version 6 as it is not available on the Windows Smartphone at the moment.

As for buying a bluetooth device there is no need as TomTom mobile for the Smartphone is only availabe to buy with the TomTom GPS unit.