wizard alarms problem

Guest mrdo

anyone else having problems with the wizard alarms or notifications ?

both worked fine until recently.

notifications and alarms used to wake the unit up when in standby mode (either self-timed or when the power button is held down briefly).

now when i hit the power button briefly to wake it up, i get all the notifications that used to wake the unit up.

any ideas ? i slept in for work 3 times last week ! thank god it's the weekend !

Guest garryjw
anyone else having problems with the wizard alarms or notifications ?

both worked fine until recently.

notifications and alarms used to wake the unit up when in standby mode (either self-timed or when the power button is held down briefly).

now when i hit the power button briefly to wake it up, i get all the notifications that used to wake the unit up.

any ideas ? i slept in for work 3 times last week ! thank god it's the weekend !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not a permanent solution but changing timezone waiting a minute then soft-reset and change back should help by rebuilding the notification database.

Once we work out what Microsoft have changed in notifications in WM5 we will produce a version of our Superalert Alarm Manager for it which will improve the situation

Garry Whittaker

ww.whittakermoore.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Phil Lee

I have only once had a problem with an alarm not going off. My Vario was in standby. When I switched it on the clock was showing the time it went into standby mode. It then updated itself to the current time and the overdue alarm went off. I suspect the problem is due to a lack of memory on the device. At the time I had been playing around with various trial apps.

Guest mkent_barbados

Even if I have just soft rebooted, once the unit is in sleep mode (power touched briefly) not a single alarm goes off. I still get notifications for new emails etc. but no alarms (well, no SPBTime alarm, I haven't tested the built in alarms).

Edited by mkent_barbados

I installed Pocket WakeUp but it didn't work and now I can't get rid of it (I removed it, but it is still in the program folder and still opens!) and it over-rides the built-in alarm function.

I used to rely on my Nokia's alarm to wake me up. In fact until I can get it sorted on my Vario, my trusty Nokia is still sitting by my bed, serving purely as an alarm clock!

Guest mkent_barbados

Yes, just tried the built in alarm and it works, but unfortunately you can't set the volume! Now, I don't know about you but I use my device with the volume either at the first stop, or off completely...no good for an alarm. Ah well...I used to use CityTime for SmartPhone which was fantastic, hope they come out with a PocketPC WM5 version soon. Thanks for the advice in any case...