Returns Advice

Guest mthomas50

Guest mthomas50

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded to the M5000 and while its a fabulous piece of kit I'm not totally convinced its what I require especially regarding battery life and sturdyness...

Battery Life - I visited London yesterday. Left on the train at 8 with a FULLY charged device - Got home at 7pm with 17% battery. I received 2 short phone calls all day and played solitaire for about 15 minutes and sent a couple of texts (screen was on the lowest but 1 brightness setting when in use)... Mind you the phone was searching for networks every few minutes as it kept losing Orange along the way.

Sturdyness - Carrying the phone (closed with screen folded next to keyboard - ie protected) in my jeans pocket today I have noticed that the top right corner of the screen is damaged. I.e. when in laptop mode I cannot see the OK or X button - there is a white rectangle with some colours bleeding from it. There is no signs of any damage to the outside of the phone and i've no idea when this happened (dont recall any particular events that may have caused it). I know its the screen as when I soft reset the white rectangle is still there on the Orange bootloader screen.

Now I have a couple of options - the Phone arrived last Wednesday (2nd) and I believe I have 7 days to decide if I want to keep it. Now how does the phone breaking affect this? I.e. if I phone and say I dont want it will the fact the screen has a problem stop me doing this (even though I dont think I've done anything wrong with the device)

Or If I ring Orange to say its broken, will it matter than I dont have Orange care? I mean the device is less than a week old!

Also If I do decide I dont want the phone I dont think there is anything else available that I want to try either (at least not until the C600 is around) - I guess this means the 12month deal is void and I can upgrade again at a later date?

I guess either way I've got a phone call to Orange to make tomorrow...

Advice anyone? :?:

Guest eggedd2k

I'm on my third m5000 since thursday night. the first two I had from the same shop had dead pixels. third time lucky it's fine. you'll be best to replace it based on the fact its faulty then return the working one under the sale of goods act based on the fact that you don't want it. by law they must refund your money.

hope that helps

Guest mthomas50

Update:

Phone Orange and they are sending a replacement - I checked the contents on the phone with Orange CS and they confirmed the device(s) should have a spare battery in the box and I need to call back when the phone arrives if this is not the case...

Whatever critisisms you have of Orange (i.e. phones taking months longer than other operators) I still am impressed by the overall support given...