Major Activesync problem

Guest mcwarre

Guest mcwarre

Hi,

Just trying to connect my wizard for the first time. I had AS4 installed, It does ask for device password then it says "This version of microsoft activesync is not compatible with the connected mobile device. please upgrade to teh latest version of microsoft activesync and reconnect".

Installed 4.1 and get the same warning. Any ideas????

Hi,

Just trying to connect my wizard for the first time.  I had AS4 installed,  It does ask for device password then it says "This version of microsoft activesync is not compatible with the connected mobile device. please upgrade to teh latest version of microsoft activesync and reconnect". 

Installed 4.1 and get the same warning. Any ideas????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Totaly uninstall Active sync. Remove the folder in C:Windows\Programs refering to Actoivesync.

Open MS outlook , under help tab in MS Outlook click on detect and repair. Reboot, deactivate any firewalls you may be running and Norton. when complete reinstall AS 4.1. Reboot and connect your device.

Guest richard_hogg

Depends which firewall you have..

One of the worst is ZoneAlarm 6 (which I happened to have).

I uninstalled it and woohoo.. activesync-tastic ;)

Just need to sort out zonelabs now.

mcwarre, when you do the uninstall you mght have to clean out the registry as well as the Activesync folders left behind.

I have had to do this a couple of times in the past as a normal uninstall doesn't remove all info including Reg entries. Also make sure any partnerships relating to the PC concerned aren't on the Device.

I think MS need to address the fact that Activesync removal can be worse than removing a rootkit!