Two more bugs?

Guest No5

Actually, while I'm on, here's a list if anyone has found a fix:

1) when I try to uninstall a program (e.g pocket Skype), it reports that the program is succesfully uninstalled.... but in fact it remains on the menus in a fully-functioning state. Have even tried removing battery to force a re-boot, but this has no effect.

2) in Contacts, why is there no "display as" option in the menu? It trys to show all contacts in a "Surname, first name" format, and does this by looking for a space: ie "Jim (m)" displays as "(m), Jim" - annoying if you've used this format for about 20 entries, and "Jim (h)" and "Jim (o)" now appear at three different places in the contact list, as opposed to next to each other...... aaarghhh!

3) Whenever my M5000 has been in sleep mode - ie left alone for more ten minutes or so, it awakes with the message to the effect "new memory card detected; do you want to search it for media, etc".

4) When the clamshell is closed, and a call comes in, the two hard buttons often fail to light up - making it difficult to take the call at night in a car, for example. Often this means accidentaly hitting the "end call" button. I returned my last M5000 to Orange because the lighting system seemed to have a mind of its own....

I tried to discuss these points with Orange, but of course they are not yet set up to diagnose M5000 faults - they say "oh, we'll look at an M500 and see if it the same"...

Guest Larnsky

For point 3, this may be because on your memory card you have a folder like DCIM which means you've probably plugged that card into a digital camera before. If you delete thisi folder it shouldn't ask you that question!

Guest dazza12

Regarding point 2, as far as I can remember, it's the same on the M2000.

The only way to get it to display in the way you wish is to set it up in Outlook. When you next sync, the phone will reflect the change.

Memory card is brand new - bought for the M5000. It is therefore formatted exactly according to activesync 4.

Don't synchronise with Outlook (I use Thunderbird), and i get the same result whether I beam the contacts from my old phone (6310i) or type everything into Contacts from scratch.

Guest dazza12

That would be why then. The phone is designed to work with Outlook through Activesync. If you use another mail client or another method of transferring the contacts it will format the contacts as if they'd been newly imported - ie Surname, Firstname. What you're experiencing isn't a bug, it works fine in a supported configuration.

I've just checked, and it's exactly the same on my M2000 and my E200.

The phone does come with a copy of Outlook, and you don't have to synchronise mail with Outlook if you didn't want to. It does work alongside Thunderbird, as I use it here for personal mail along with Firefox. However, I use Outlook for mail for my business.

Guest rhaleuk
Actually, while I'm on, here's a list if anyone has found a fix:

1) when I try to uninstall a program (e.g pocket Skype), it reports that the program is succesfully uninstalled.... but in fact it remains on the menus in a fully-functioning state. Have even tried removing battery to force a re-boot, but this has no effect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get this too ( as do we all I presume ) ... slightly annoying but I will live.

I had RealPlayer installed for about 3 seconds before I realised how shody it was. I hope they update it for WM5. Are there any other programs that can play .ram files... like the one for Radio1 streams?