Tomtom on SPV C550

Guest sandeehills

Guest sandeehills

Hi

Please bear with me as this is my first post.

Just got the C550 and TomTom working and am very impressed. Even getting the BT GPS to work semed to be straight forward compared to some of the comments I had se about that subject.

Thanks to all the hints and tips that others have made available via this forum as they helped me a great deal.

My question for today is - Can I get the TomTom start icon on the home screen of the mobile so that I don't have to scroll through the menus to it?

Any help welcomed

Guest SilentlyScreaming

Could be wrong, but think OP is looking for a shortcut on the home screen.

Simple adapting of any homescreen from here, that has shortcuts on it, would work. The one I use is DrBlowGV2 (think thats right). A quick search should bring it up. Open the main XML file in notepad(easiest)/frontpage/your preferred editor. If the shortcuts are scrollable, you can add a shortcut for TomTom, or if they are fixed on screen, just alter the path to an existing shortcut that you're less likely to use.

I hadn't touched XML previous to my C550, and it takes just a few minutes to learn effective copy'n'pasting :>

If oyu have a problem with the process, post back, sure someone will be able to assist...