XDA IIs Pay as you go GPRS Internet/Messenger Help

Guest tallpaul

Guest tallpaul

I have recently bought a second hand XDAIIs off ebay. I was hoping to use my existing O2 pay as you go sim to access the internet (not wap) and to access messenger and skype.

I sopke to the o2 xda team and they say it cant be done, only wap sites can be accessed.

Does anybody have any advice on how to get around this problem? Do other pay as you go cards on other networks allow for full gprs?

Thanks

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SteveG02

Orange, Tesco Mobile (which runs on O2) and other mobile networks allow GPRS browsing on pay as you go, so I'm at a loss as to why O2 don't allow it?

Does your XDA connect to the O2 Active portal at all? If it does then it should be using a GPRS connection? (I may be wrong if anyone wants to correct me)

(I assume you have the most up to date O2 ROM on the device??)

Edited by SteveG02

Guest jacksparrow
I have recently bought a second hand XDAIIs off ebay. I was hoping to use my existing O2 pay as you go sim to access the internet (not wap) and to access messenger and skype.

I sopke to the o2 xda team and they say it cant be done, only wap sites can be accessed.

Does anybody have any advice on how to get around this problem? Do other pay as you go cards on other networks allow for full gprs?

Thanks

Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im running an Axim X30 over bluetooth via a nokia 6320 GPRS on O2 pay as you go.. Its taken a little bit of fiddling, but Im browsing the full web over GPRS and even had logmein running this afternoon...

Who says it cant be done..

PM for details...

post-161338-1133721703_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest fluffcat1

Thanks

Paul

When you hardreset it asks you if you are a payandgo or contract user, perhaps this is something to do with it? I've setup an mpx200 with o2 genie pay and go before with no issues, so maybe it's just the CS reps you spoke to that don't know how?

Richard