Connectivity Question

Guest FrankyG

Guest FrankyG

There's a wireless network near me with full internet access which I'll be able to access with my M5000 when it arrives, but I would like to know if it's possible to then connect a desktop PC to the M5000 and share the internet connection with the desktop? The Desktop is bluetooth enabled, and of course, has usb ports.

How would I go about doing this, create a bluetooth network or something...any clues, please?

Thanks...

Guest airborne
^^ anyone? ^^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've not seen any references to Internet sharing from the M5000, but apart from it being an interesting technical exercise, why on earth would you want to do it that way?

I tend to go for the path of least resistance and so would just add a wifi card to the Desktop directly - much easier!! ;)

Guest FrankyG
I've not seen any references to Internet sharing from the M5000, but apart from it being an interesting technical exercise, why on earth would you want to do it that way?

I tend to go for the path of least resistance and so would just add a wifi card to the Desktop directly - much easier!!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I've ordered a USB wifi adapter. However, the Desktop is my office PC, and they are getting very sticky with internet access. It would be nice to be able to use the Desktop - but not through the corporate LAN and it's restrictions. There is also talk of locking down usb ports, plug in devices etc but that's just talk...for the moment. So that's why wireless ICS with the M5000 would be very nice ;)