Anyine having connection problems between SPV_C550

Guest ihatetech

Guest ihatetech

Hi

I've been trying to sync contacts etc between desktop and my SPV_C550 and also copy music to it but the connection keps dropping out.

ActiveSync seems to start when I first connect the phone and starts syncing, but seems to die after anything from 20 seconds to a minute or so, saying device not connected. Smetimes pulling the USB cable out and sticking it back in re-establishes the connection, but sometimes I have to reboot the phone.

The same connection dropping out is making it practically impossible to save music to the phone. After experiencing problems with WMP I gave up in case there was still an incompatibility (having read some previous posts) and was just using drag/drop in explore windows sessions on my desktop. In the last 3 hours I have managed to copy one track successfully.

Big woo-hoo. Not.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Guest hotphil

File transfer/syncing seems to, in a nutshell, not work either via Bluetooth or cable.

I've given up and use a USB2 card reader. Much quicker. Oh and it actually works.

Was quite surprised that it was actually released with the functionality so obviously not working.

Guest davejerome

It's interesting that you say that because mine sync's like a dream. However I have only ever found 3 problems.... ...First and second of all i was trying to send something to a Nokia / Sonyericsson (a JPG to the Nokia 6230 and a (sonyericsson) theme to the sonyericcson k700i). Lastly I got trouble recieving a file from a Nokia 6230i... ...both by IR or BT it was not happening!

Are you guys using Activesync 3.8? Thats what I use and seems ok. Also have you tried version 4? I found a copy that was "floating around" and tested it, didn't seem to be any different to 3.8 but could make a difference to some machines / Operating systems I guess. Also have you got every connectivity update for windows?

I also have XP professional which could make the difference.

Guest hotphil

Yep, XP Pro SP2, fully updated, ActiveSync 3.8 and no silly antivirus that might be stopping it. Activesync is fine for transferring tiny, useless files, but anything useful like a photo or a mp3/wma and it bombs out.