Calling All UK Blue Angel Owners, HELP needed!

Guest ingster

Guest ingster

Hi guys and gals i've got a big problem, following on from the silent call issue i called orange and over the past two weeks i've been in nearly constant contact with them trying to get a replacement, ok i love the M2000 but the call problem winds me up! So today things came to a head and i got a little stroppy with the guys at orange, eventually i got called back from orange saying that it's such an apparently insignificant fault they wouldn't even supply me with a replacement handset (although i have orange care - methinks chucking it out a window and i'll get a replacement :twisted: ). So why am i asking for help? I'd like to make a list of users on this forum who've had this problem with i)forum usernames ii)what network you're on iii)how long you've had the phone iv)if you get the silent call issue v)if you've reported it vi)and any outcome.

(Forum usernames help keep anyone anonimous)

Ok

i)Ingster

ii)Orange

iii)3 months

iv)Yes

v)reported 5 times to orange

vi)Not replacing phone

Mods - if this infringes anything feel free to delete the post

Guest Pondrew

i)Pondrew

ii)T-Mobile

iii)10 months

iv)Not for a few months (possibly since updating to Imate rom 1.40/radio 1.13)

v)Never bothered reporting it

vi)see v

i)ndryer

ii)was Orange

iii)10 months

iv)Every couple of days with Orange ROM, Rarely since updating to Imate 1.40 ROM

v)Never reported it

vi)As per above

Guest Eriktheviking

yep but orange have said to me that if you can reset your phone and it works normally then it isnt technically a fault, so wont replace the phone.

anyhoo,

1, Eriktheviking

2, Orange

3, 4 months and very happy with it.

4. yes i have, see above.

5, see above.

To be honest, I can see Oranges point of view on this one. It's not a hardware problem and replacing your phone will not fix it. You'll just install the same software, use the same BT devices and get the same problems on a new one. It costs them money to give you a new one, and they cannot resell your old one. No one benefits.

A better solution would be for them to fix the damn problem in the first place, but the BA is a tad old now and I don't see this happening. Despite what the ads try to tell you, they don't give a toss about existing customers, they have your money and a 12-month contract.

Guest ingster
To be honest, I can see Oranges point of view on this one. It's not a hardware problem and replacing your phone will not fix it. You'll just install the same software, use the same BT devices and get the same problems on a new one. It costs them money to give you a new one, and they cannot resell your old one. No one benefits.

A better solution would be for them to fix the damn problem in the first place, but the BA is a tad old now and I don't see this happening. Despite what the ads try to tell you, they don't give a toss about existing customers, they have your money and a 12-month contract.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well yes, i was wanting them to offer me an alternative handset and not really keen on getting a replacement. oh well i've been told that they'll knock off the upgrade fee for another phone so that's a step forward, probably going to move away from the SPV range unfortunately ;) and to sony ericsson if orange can't sort out their signature range (i know it's HTC who make them) then bye spv and in a year byee orange, it'll be a bit sad to leave em as i've bin with them since PASYG handsets came out, maybe O2 or T-mobile would like me! But never Vodfone, no no no no no no no! ('tis the dark side is the vodafone! he he)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SteveG02

i)SteveG02

ii)O2 UK

iii)6 months

iv)not happened since I updated the ROM (various different ones!)

v)Not reported it

vi)see above

This seems to be an Orange centered problem?? (judging by the posts anyway)

Guest martinlaidlaw
This seems to be an Orange centered problem?? (judging by the posts anyway)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think many blueangel users from all networks have experienced this problem, mine did from T-Mobile (MDA3) I don't currently use my MDA as a phone (use my SPV C500) only use it for satnav. I have just updated the MDA3 rom from t-mobile so may try to use it as a phone again to see if it's made any difference to this issue.

i)martinlaidlaw

ii)T-mobile UK

iii)10 months

iv)Did have the silent call issue many times when I was using it.

v)Didn't bother to report

vi)n/a

• 1 month later...

i)Guv01

ii)Orange

iii)Since July Aug 2005

iv)Oh Yes!!!! 3 or 4 times a day!!!

v)Yes

vi)Replaced the phone next day! Although they replaced it with a older version!! I could go round and smack every single Orange employee!!! I've asked them why and they don't give a fu*k!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Try installing the I-mate unidirectional patch <snip>

For older Rom's this appears to work - did for me running 1.31 Rom - am on 1.40 (replacement phone) but loaded the patch anyway.

EDIT by Pondrew: please see forum rules on linking to other forums, ESPECIALLY ones which are known for hosting warez

Guest Chimpanzee

i)Chimpanzee

ii)Orange

iii)12 months

iv)Yes. A few times a month

v)No

vi)N/A

It would be nice to get an alternative handset but in my humble opinion, we have the best phones on the market and i don't want to downgrade.