Getting Streaming Video over Network to Work

Guest MitchellO

Guest MitchellO

I am trying to get streaming video to work on my K-JAM. I used to use Windows Media Encoder 9 to send video to my iPAQ 4355 (WM2003) and XDA Mini + SD WiFi (WM2003SE) without any problems.

With the K-JAM, when I try to connect I get a parameter is incorrect error. I believe it to be the same problem as when trying to access the network in File Explorer. It gives and access error.

Has anybody solved this problem? Cheers.

Are you connecting to your network via your WiFi or via another computer and USB?

Only reason I ask is I know that IP addresses with the Wizard have been a bit of a pain and the only reason I can think if that your device won't get a signal from the Encoder is down to the fact that the Encoder doesn't recognise your device as valid on the network.

Guest MitchellO

Sorry, yes I am connected via WiFi.

I just don't understand it, as I can access the internet, chat on MSN, check email, and browse the network using Total Commander (but not file explorer).

Ah for network browsing and stuff I don't bother with File Explorer as I couldn't get it to recognise my network in any way shape or form, I use TC for that purpose.

I'm curious now to the problem, will have a go at testing Encoder with streaming video via WiFi before the end of the week, will see what the results are if I can get it to work.

Guest Terrapin

Once I enabled the guest account on XP and used The Core Media Player streaming video started working fine on my Vario. Well, low bitrate clips stream fine as do mp3s, high bitrate videos don't play smoothly at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest martynstar
:) I'll give it a try!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey

I have managed to connect to normal mapped drives, i just turned the wifi on, used resco explorer to connect to the shared drives, although it takes maybe up to a minute to get "officialy" on the network, ( i can use the internet but it wont see drives for a little while but it gets there)

Im trying to open fairly large video files, i am using TCMP player, opens the files good enough, i have set the buffers to 8mb, (opening 600mb files) It will play about 30secs then pauses for a bit and then continues

Has anyone else had this problem? Should i try reducing the size?

Thanks

Hey

I have managed to connect to normal mapped drives, i just turned the wifi on, used resco explorer to connect to the shared drives, although it takes maybe up to a minute to get "officialy" on the network, ( i can use the internet but it wont see drives for a little while but it gets there)

Im trying to open fairly large video files, i am using TCMP player, opens the files good enough, i have set the buffers to 8mb, (opening 600mb files) It will play about 30secs then pauses for a bit and then continues

Has anyone else had this problem? Should i try reducing the size?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Part of the reason it might slow down is the bitrate the movie is encoded at, my streaming software has to audience profiles so that it will stream/broadcast 2 different versions, one is encoded for normal TV's so the bitrate is quite high (DVD quality so about 6-8Mb and my PocketPC Audience profile is about 1-2Mb.

Either lower the buffer rate on your device as 8MB might be too much for the Wizard processor or re-encode the movie file. Also double check that the drive you are playing the video off of, is not accessing something else and is at least a 7200rpm drive. 7200rpm drive should be a minimum speed for any harddrive expected to handle video on a regular basis.