PPCProfilesPro and WAD

Guest bretto

Hi All

Been playing around with PPCProfiles-Pro and have modified the popup selection program to use command lines.

This enables the application to switch profiles based on a commandline option.

For example :-

post-40928-1131442105_thumb.jpg

This screenshot shows Wisebar Advance 2 + WA Desktop plugin. The theme is SWDeluxe from Juni. The profile buttons are some I made for PhoneAlarm (not running on the device) to fit in with the SWDeluxe Theme.

As you can see I have PPCProfiles-Pro running in popup selection mode at the bottom of the screen and I have buttons for my profiles off to the right hand side. When I click on the buttons my profile is changed and reflected in the plugin at the bottom of the screen.

Im still playing with it at the moment to see what the best way is of communicating to the user what profile they currently have selected. Right now its the today plugin or the tray which works well.

Any suggestions or comments are welcomed.

Edited by bretto

Bretto,

I use WA2, but have never used WAD (I'll probably break down at some point and try it) so I don't know if this would work. What about highlighting, or somehow changing the look of the button for the active profile. That way the plugin won't be needed to show which profile is currently active. I wasn't sure if you were looking for suggestions or not so I thought I would offer one anyway. ;)

Bretto,

I use WA2, but have never used WAD (I'll probably break down at some point and try it) so I don't know if this would work.  What about highlighting, or somehow changing the look of the button for the active profile.  That way the plugin won't be needed to show which profile is currently active.  I wasn't sure if you were looking for suggestions or not so I thought I would offer one anyway.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Suggestions are good :D

I would love to be able to do this but with WAD you create a shortcut same as you would on your PC desktop so that option is out for now.

The tray works just as well as the plugin just I have the tray hidden on that device.

In any case something has to run somewhere to enable the sync, backlight, etc to work correctly. Otherwise its a total rewrite in that area. Might do this anyway as the switch on AC/DC power is turning out to be a pain.