3G

Guest Wizard

I haven't yet managed to get 3G to work with the M5000 despite apparently being in a 3G area. It may be coverage, but I'm left wondering whether I actually have a 3G USIM. Is there any easy way to tell? When do Orange normally provide a replacement for the old GPRS SIM?

Wizard

I'm not sure how to physically tell the difference in the sim... But did you recieve the new sim with the m5000? if so just check with orange they did send you a USIM ;)

Will

Do you have a U at the top of the screen or a G?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's a G at the top of the screen.

I called Orange and they said there should be a USIM in the box. I eventually found it nestled beteween the pages of the manual.

Beware losing your USIM, Orange told me if it wasn't in the box they'd need to send a whole new handset pack out.

Wizard

There's a G at the top of the screen.

I called Orange and they said there should be a USIM in the box. I eventually found it nestled beteween the pages of the manual.

Beware losing your USIM, Orange told me if it wasn't in the box they'd need to send a whole new handset pack out.

Wizard

Sending a whole new pack out isnt totally true but still its not a good idea to lose the sim!

I had this whole performace today with Orange. I have a review device and need to get a replacement 3G SIM to have my current number poorted to the new SIM etc. Im told the only way to tell if your SIM is 3G is that 3G 'all 3G sims are Green'. No idea if this is true but hey!

Guest rickyburke

if youve got a G at the top your in a gprs area, if its a U, your in a Umts (3g) area.

although i wasnt sure my 3g was activated because i didnt get a 3g signal for a while, if in doubt, get them to send the sim updates again, and dont forget to turn it off and remove the sim and battery then restart.

Guest rhaleuk

I dont get 3G coverage at home (tsk... why would I!) but I have to say I seem to get 3G in about 70%-80% of the places I visit. Quite impressed really.