M5000 Seems to be hosed

Guest nufu

Hi,

My m5000 doesnt seem to want to boot up anymore. It was working fine at work, put it in a drawer for the night, and in the morning when I turned it on it just displays a white screen.

Tried hard reset/soft reset - it even syncs sometimes!

Any ideas what the problem could be? Any way to reflash the rom?

Cheers for any help. ;)

Guest airborne
Hi,

My m5000 doesnt seem to want to boot up anymore. It was working fine at work, put it in a drawer for the night, and in the morning when I turned it on it just displays a white screen.

Tried hard reset/soft reset - it even syncs sometimes!

Any ideas what the problem could be? Any way to reflash the rom?

Cheers for any help.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you press keys, can you hear the beeps etc. (presuming you have those sounds on)?

i.e. is the unit working but no display? My first unit briefly gave me a normal screen then faded to white and stayed that way. The only thing was to replace the unit.

If you press keys, can you hear the beeps etc. (presuming you have those sounds on)?

i.e. is the unit working but no display? My first unit briefly gave me a normal screen then faded to white and stayed that way. The only thing was to replace the unit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the keys dont make any sound when pressed. It makes a little tinkly noise when I hard reset it though.

Guest airborne
the keys dont make any sound when pressed. It makes a little tinkly noise when I hard reset it though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even when pressing the Windows key to open the Start menu? Use the slider on the front to see if you can turn the volume up.

It does sound as though it has just had a total screen failure.

It does sound as though it has just had a total screen failure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Errrm, is this a common thing with these devices? Was thinking of upgrading but not so sure now!

Guest airborne
Errrm, is this a common thing with these devices? Was thinking of upgrading but not so sure now!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, mine did it and there's a possibility of one other here. I'd hardly say that was common!

TBH, even if there was a problem, the carrier would be obliged to fix the problem, so you can't lose really.