Wizard cheapest price watch !

Guest tecinv

Guest DeanoSMB
Hi all,

Just got a Free Vario on Web n Walk 200 at 18months half price and added the 100 text bundle to it from Mobileshop...

Works out at £25/month for 40mb Internet, 200 mins xnet, 100 texts...

Thought it was quite a good deal as over 12 months its £300 whereas UFix 15 is over 300 if u add in an extra 100 texts, but your still talking about 15mins talk, 125 texts and no web!

The web n walk 200 even works out cheaper than the web n walk 100 when u break it all down over 18 months

Cheers

Veef13

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Veef, that looks to me like the deal of the century. Apologies for being thick, but do you have the URL for this one? With the 100 texts chucked in, it can't be beaten!

Veef, that looks to me like the deal of the century. Apologies for being thick, but do you have the URL for this one? With the 100 texts chucked in, it can't be beaten!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went to www.mobileshop.com and picked MDA Vario from the drop down list at the top left hand corner. However, to get it for £25 a month with 100 texts, it meant going for the Web & Walk 200 tarif and then adding on £6 a month for the texts. The thing is that its only £19 a month for 12 of the 18 months in the contract. For the other 6 months, its £38 a month. Mobileshop also don't offer the option to do the administration of the contract by the WWW site, which saves another £3 a month. This means that with this deal, not including the bundle of texts (they are £6 a month for 100 whatever), you pay:

£19 * 12 + £38 * 6 + £0 delivery = £456

However, if you call T-Mobile directly and get them to give you the £3 a month discount for WWW-based admin, then you pay:

£16 * 12 + £35 * 6 + £5.99 delivery = £407.99

You may also be able to get the £3 a month discount from Mobileshop. Then they would be cheaper as the delivery is free.

The advantage with dealing with T-Mobile directly is that you don't then have to mess about claiming cash back from Mobileshop. They seem to be fairly stable, but if they went bust, you could find yourself in a long line of creditors waiting to get your cashback, whilst you would still have to pay the monthly contract to T-Mobile.

Edited by ahenry

I went to www.mobileshop.com and picked MDA Vario from the drop down list at the top left hand corner. However, to get it for £25 a month with 100 texts, it meant going for the Web & Walk 200 tarif and then adding on £6 a month for the texts.  The thing is that its only £19 a month for 12 of the 18 months in the contract. For the other 6 months, its £38 a month. Mobileshop also don't offer the option to do the administration of the contract by the WWW site, which saves another £3 a month.  This means that with this deal, not including the bundle of texts (they are £6 a month for 100 whatever), you pay:

£19 * 12 + £38 * 6  + £0 delivery = £456

However, if you call T-Mobile directly and get them to give you the £3 a month discount for WWW-based admin, then you pay:

£16 * 12 + £35 * 6 + £5.99 delivery = £407.99

You may also be able to get the £3 a month discount from Mobileshop. Then they would be cheaper as the delivery is free.

The advantage with dealing with T-Mobile directly is that you don't then have to mess about claiming cash back from Mobileshop. They seem to be fairly stable, but if they went bust, you could find yourself in a long line of creditors waiting to get your cashback, whilst you would still have to pay the monthly contract to T-Mobile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there,

Got my Vario on friday, and what a beaut... Regarding the tarrif I'm on, its actually half price for all 18 months and I added the 100 texts for £6, sorry to correct you Ahenry...

Cheers,

Veef

I got mine fine off ebay but it wasnt one of the hong kong auctions.

Personally i wouldnt bother importing something like that ... too much hastle when it comes to warranty etc, thats if you actually get the phone

Most of hong kong sellers seems to have changed their usernames in the last 30 days (anyone know if this is a scam going on) and i even saw one shipping from hong kong with no feedback!!!! Youd have to be crazy to trust them

and non of them accept pay pal

smell fishy?

Guest porkpie

Just seen that Dabs.com are doing the KJam here for £460.98.

You can get finance on it for 36 months paying back £15.03 a month which with interest ends up to be £588 odd.

I guess it you really want it that could be a viable option - plus they do the buy no-pay later option until August 2006.

I might convince my gf to go onto contract so I can get the handset - then she can have my C550!

Oli

Guest DancingMatt
Hi there,

Got my Vario on friday, and what a beaut... Regarding the tarrif I'm on, its actually half price for all 18 months and I added the 100 texts for £6, sorry to correct you Ahenry...

Cheers,

Veef

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The offer has changed - when I checked over the weekend it's now just 12 months half price as you saw Ahenry, BUT mobileshop.com were doing the Vario on W&W 200 with all 18 months half price up until at least last Friday. Veef13 got one and I placed my order for that deal on Friday, should be dispatched today and arriving tomorrow.

mobileshop are only getting 10 today though, and I was told on Saturday that 8 are allocated. After that they have no idea when they are getting anymore. That's what encouraged me to take the leap and get the order in, and now the offer has been reduced I'm extra glad!

Although getting really itchy that it hasn't actually been dispatched yet...

Guest DancingMatt

What, T-mobile matched mobileshop's 18 months at half price, even though mobileshop are no longer offering it?!

Still waiting for confirmation mine's been dispatched, grrr.

Veef,

Thanks for your info. Got the same deal direct at T-Mobile today, very happy.

Yet another long time Orange customer with T-Mobile thanks to the Vario!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No worries Deano, glad others like Matt and myself are getting some great deals... And as Matt says, you managed to get the full 18 months for £19pm from TMobile direct with a free Vario? fair play if so and, dammit!

Fingers crossed you'll get yours soon Matt!!!

Still, this unit ain't perfect, email seems buggy, hoping for a Qtek or Imate update soon as T-Mobile ain't the sharpest ROM updaters... At the same time, its ruddy marvelous!

Cheers all

Guest porkpie

Taken the plunge and just ordered an MDA Vario from Scancom.

£99 inc VAT then £15 a month on UFIX 15 - Works out at £279 inc VAT.

Hopefully delivery for tomorrow morning!

Oli

Guest TomaHawk

^ thats the deal i got but i chose to pay the 12 months line rental up front which = 145

so a grand total for a vario and 12 months line rental = £245

i think this would be one of the best deals around sepcially as you can get it unlocked for £20.

I came so close to getting a qtek 9100 on buymobilephones.net on o2 for £35 /month (250 minutes with 50 texts on a 12 month contract), I think the phone was going to cost £10 approx too.

Luckily I saw the T-mobile deal the day before my qtek was shipped, and now have W'n'W 200 for £35/month (1/2 price for 12 out of 18 months) with 50 text bundle for around £3/£3.50 can't remember which. So even though the contract is longer, per month it is cheaper, although I am aware I haven't got the best deal out there....

Anyway, my point is, I am counting myself very lucky that I changed to W'n'W - I have just done a quick scan of their websites, and have you seen what the other networks charge for data?!

O2: £5 for 4mb

Orange: £8 for 10mb

Vodafone: £2.35 for 1mb (can't find a bundle price)

I have barely made a dent in my 40mb - but I've already used about 6mb. This is my first GPRS phone so I started out very cautiously, but am using more and more now.

And really, what is the point in getting the vario/9100/k-jam if you can't afford to use, what is turning out (for me) to be the best bit of having it?

Fair enough if you're not planning to use the internet or email, but getting one of these phones without a data package now seems like a false economy to me...

Guest DancingMatt

If you can get one, that is.... AAAAAAHHHHHH

Mobileshop.com were meant to get 10 in stock on Monday, they still haven't been delivered and they say "it is t mobile that are holding these back from us".

I have no idea what is going on...

^ thats the deal i got but i chose to pay the 12 months line rental up front which = 145

so a grand total for a vario and 12 months line rental = £245

i think this would be one of the best deals around sepcially as you can get it unlocked for £20.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you do the 12 months up front thing? Sounds interesting as it knocks a fair bit off the annual rental cost.

Guest TomaHawk

basically oncce your connected, you cna log into this thing called my T-mobile.

in there it lists all your calls like an online statement and theres also the option to buy bundles exceterea.

and also top up becasue that how ufix works.

theres also an option to pay monthly, quartely, or annually.

i have changed it to annually so i assume my first bill will be for £145 or whatever.

once i receive it ill say.

only bundle i cant find is a GPRS one i assume wap isnt the same thing? becasue its measured in minutes and not KB.

basicaly my contract works out at £12 per month if i pay up front.

i have added 50 texts a month and wap (may cancel this) and its only 15 a month now.

Edited by TomaHawk

Guest porkpie

My plan is to use the phone with my Orange SIM as I currently have a very good deal with them - that way I'm simply paying an interest-free amount for the loan each month - and 15 quid extra on a £55 bill isn't too extreme for me.

Oli

basically oncce your connected, you cna log into this thing called my T-mobile.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for letting me know. I'd be interested if you find out about GPRS bundles and if the annual thing really means it works out at £12 a month.

Hej all,

After getting increasingly annoyed with Orange in the last few months (not very competitive tarrifs, not releasing good handsets quick enough or at all & average/poor customer service :) ) I've just bitten the bullet and got my PAC number and ordered an MDA Vario.

I went with the U-Fix 15 from http://www.scancom.co.uk

Scancom phoned me back to say it'd probably be deliverd tomorrow :) and Tom on the phone was really helpful with all my questions!

Handset inc Vat and Delivery is £99.27 and the 12months contract will be £180 so a total for the year of c. £280

(although I'm going to look into what "Tomahawk" said about paying annually and reducing the bill, although I thought T-Mobile had stopped doing this!)

Ironically I'm going to be spending most of next year in Copenhagen (moving there to be with my girlfriend ;)) so may not even use all of my monthly Minutes and Texts. All mobile companies are pretty rubbish on call/txt costs in Europe!! But I thought this was the cheapest way of getting hold of a HTC Wizard.

I just hope that I can get used to the Keyboard and that the phones speed and stability hold out (just looking for a HTC device that doesn't crash when recieving an SMS :D)

Sorry for the rambling post :roll: but thanks to everyone for making Modaco such a great place to hang out (I've not posted much but been here since near the start (Member No. 550 :D) and everyones helped me find out all about the MDA Vario before committing! Wish me luck...

Cheers, DEZ :>

-

Added to the first post of this thread on the sim free category this link, which I believe is the cheapest price for now for sim free phones:

Qtek 9100 Link: http://www.buymobilephones.net/store/merch...tep=4&pn=Phones

£389.99 (Including VAT)

I thought (I am not from the US or europe) that due to the holidays prices will drop, and bargains will show up, and therefore I waited with my purchase of the Wizard. But so far, there are no bargains. Do you (someone from the US or UK) expect prices to drop on December ?

Thanks,

tecinv

Guest darrenackers
Added to the first post of this thread on the sim free category this link, which I believe is the cheapest price for now for sim free phones:

£389.99  (Including VAT)

I thought (I am not from the US or europe) that due to the holidays prices will drop, and bargains will show up, and therefore I waited with my purchase of the Wizard. But so far, there are no bargains. Do you (someone from the US or UK) expect prices to drop on December ?

Thanks,

tecinv

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would also like to know if they are going to come cheaper. The Scancom deal looks very good, and I don't know if it'll get cheaper than that.

I would also like to know if they are going to come cheaper. The Scancom deal looks very good, and I don't know if it'll get cheaper than that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was referring mainly to the SIM free prices, which seem very high compared to T-mobile MDA vario prices (for which one of the distributors is scancom). T-mobile obviously has a high buying power and they could probably get the phones cheap from HTC, because they are a very large reseller.

I am not from europe or US, therefore I want to buy Sim-free, and I cannot buy the cheap MDA-Vario from T-mobile, they only sell it with a contract.

It seems that prices need to drop in order for them to compete with T-mobile, but no price reductions yet. What I wanted to know is at what time of year usually are price drops due to the holidays expected?

Is it usually at November, beginning of December, or end of December in Europe?

Thanks,

tecinv

Updated on the first post the cheapest price for the sim - free category.

The new cheapest price that I found is :

Qtek 9100 Link: http://www.phones2udirect.co.uk/Products/t...2/NetworkID/280

£367.99 (Including VAT) or in dollars:

~ $636.97

Which is much cheaper than the previously cheapest contenders that it replaced, see below. I wonder if this was a price drop, or I/others just didn't notice the phones2udirect price before:

£389.99 (Including VAT)

Qtek 9100 Link: http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7855.htm

£340.38 / £399.95 (Excluding / including VAT) or in dollars:

$584.09 / $686.31

Qtek 9100 Link: http://www.dweiniger.com/catalog/product_i...products_id=106

$699.00 including VAT

Qtek 9100 Link: http://www.smartdevicesdirect.com/product_...products_id=927

£345.00 / £405.38 (Excluding / including VAT) or in dollars:

$599.68 / $704.63

And don't forget - post here if you find a cheaper price !

Guest timmillwood

i think i might have to goto a T-mobile store to have a look frst but i might goto sancom and get one. they quoted me £378 with an 18 month contract or £354 with a 12 month contract.

i am also thinking about the Sidekick II but it seems a bit big, or the Nokia N80 which i dont think will be out for another 3-4 months