Universal memory problems status?

Guest tecinv

There was a thread here several days ago, which I can't find even with the search engine about JASJAR memory problems, which makes it impossible to work with more applications.

1) Was it fixed?

2) Was this problem only with I-mate JASJAR, and the other Wizard models ( Qtek 9000, MDA pro, XDA exec,M5000) do not suffer from this memory problem?

There was a thread here several days ago, which I can't find even with the search engine about JASJAR memory problems, which makes it impossible to work with more applications.

1) Was it fixed?

2) Was this problem only with I-mate JASJAR, and the other Wizard models ( Qtek 9000, MDA pro, XDA exec,M5000) do not suffer from this memory problem?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I meant Universal models of course

I remembered now that I have seen the reports about memory problems from many many unhappy expansys customers who bought JASJAR, see this long thread at their support forums:

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?co...19353&thread=42

Does anyone know if this is a problem only with the i-mate JASJAR ROM, or is it happening also with other Universal models?

Edited by tecinv

I remembered now that I have seen the reports about memory problems from many many unhappy expansys customers who bought JASJAR, see this long thread at their support forums:

Does anyone know if this is a problem only with the i-mate JASJAR ROM, or is it happening also with other Universal models?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone, I ask again, do you have memory problems with the Universal like described in this long thread at www.expansys.com about the JASJAR:

Hmmmmm.... Just got mine a couple of days ago. I've installed about 200Mg of programs so far - ALL on the memory card. I save ALL files to the memory card and try not to use the phone memory at all and I have about 37Mb which seems more than enough for my own requirements so far....

I'm very careful about properly closing down unused programs but it's still too early to really say how good or not it is....

Guest Larnsky

No problem at all.... just get a memory card and install everything to that.... i have loads of apps installed on mine and i normally have between 50 and 60MB free!

Damn Larnsky how did you get THAT much?? Mines still practically new and has no extra software installed on the phone but I still only have 37Mb!

Have you deleted anything? Some help would be good here as it's soooo damn slow - Even with all the Orange customisation and error reporting turned off!! Anything I could try to speed things up would be a GREAT help! :)

Guest Larnsky

Just soft reset mine and went to memory, i have 29.02 free in storage (on device) and 28.12 free on programs.

I haven't uninstalled anything, but i just save everything to the SD card, i'm pretty sure i could free up another few MB by removing all the standard ringtones that i don't use!

Do any of the people who replied here have I-mate JASJAR? please state your exact model/maker of the Universal.

I ask because the original thread (from www.expansys.com which I gave the link to it above ) reporting about these memory problems was about the JASJAR, and one of the things I wanted to know is whether these problems they reported are specific to the JASJAR, maybe the people who posted here don't have these problems because they don't have the JASJAR?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a JASJAR and an O2 Exec. Neither have memory "problems" but both have a small amount of memory.

I think the problem isn't that there is a "problem" per se. It's just that the device was advertised as having a certain amount of memory but that figure was for before the device gets filled with Windows.

Guest bronksy

i have the M5000 and seem to have problems with photos on the storage card.. I have a few hundred pics but they are all about 100k, and when i browse to them on the sd card, i get an out of memory error message.. i don't understand..

Orange have done a fantastic job of crippling the M5000 to make it barely useable.