Sonorix Bluetooth Headphones ROCK! GET THESE!

Guest Austin519

Guest adjonline

Thanks, Sonorix.

I'm thinking of getting the bundle with the dongle, but have one further query.,

I have an Orange M2000 with A2DP, and also a Creative Portable Media Center. Can I have the headset paired as followed at the same time?:

*Headset protocol to M2000

*A2DP to M2000 (Without dongle)

*A2DP to Dongle (Attached to Portable Media Center)

I guess my question is can you have two pairs using A2DP at the same time?

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest assisttechnology
I need a replacement set of BT phones, as I bought the Motorola set the other day and functionality wise, they're great, but they're fat too uncomfortable.

Don't want the same thing to happen with these tho :D

Hey assisttechnology, what's your returns policy like? ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Siksik6,

Our returns policy is as follows:

A refund will only be considered upon a product being defective due to faulty manufacture and reported defective to us within 7 days of delivery to you.

Unfortunately we are unable to send out units for customers to return because they don't like them.

What we can tell you is that our customers so far have found the units to be very comfortable even after a long time wearing. It might be useful to note that the OBH-0110 has a running time of 12 hours on one charge, for this reason the neckband and padded earphones have been designed to be worn for long periods whilst remaining comfortable.

Kind regards

The Assist Technology Team

Hi all,

These certainly sound cool, what would really close the deal for me is to be able to get an audio dongle for the ipod that allows control of the ipod functions (next, pause, etc.) from the headphones as I notcie they have buttons on the side. Is this possible?

How do I check that my internal laptop bluetooth adapeter can handle A2DP? I'd like to keep the supplied dongle for use at home. Home to iPod to laptop at work would be very, very cool.

Thanks,

Rob

Guest fluffcat1
Hi all,

These certainly sound cool, what would really close the deal for me is to be able to get an audio dongle for the ipod that allows control of the ipod functions (next, pause, etc.) from the headphones as I notcie they have buttons on the side. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Rob

You mean something like this? :

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=121986

"A high-quality, high-definition Bluetooth stereo headset specially designed for use with an iPod with remote control socket

A simple, plug & play Bluetooth stereo headset for iPods with a remote control socket (no drivers required), using DSP technology to give the highest quality sound by cancelling echos and background noise interference.

It's ultra lightweight, weighing only 80g, but is also stylish and highly functional. This all-in-one solution includes a volume control, pairing, on & off, and utilises the latest standards - Bluetooth v.1.2 for faster connection and interference reduction, A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) for stereo streaming, and AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) for remote control functionality with an iPod.

The long-life battery lasts for up to 11 hours operating time and can be recharged using the included AC adaptor (UK plug).

The headset is compatible with iPods with a remote control socket (excluding iPod NANO, iPod Shuffle), but may also be used with PC's and laptops with integrated or a standard USB or PCMCIA Bluetooth interface."

Richard

Guest SONORIX
You mean something like this? :

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=121986

"A high-quality, high-definition Bluetooth stereo headset specially designed for use with an iPod with remote control socket

A simple, plug & play Bluetooth stereo headset for iPods with a remote control socket (no drivers required), using DSP technology to give the highest quality sound by cancelling echos and background noise interference.

It's ultra lightweight, weighing only 80g, but is also stylish and highly functional. This all-in-one solution includes a volume control, pairing, on & off, and utilises the latest standards - Bluetooth v.1.2 for faster connection and interference reduction, A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) for stereo streaming, and AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) for remote control functionality with an iPod.

The long-life battery lasts for up to 11 hours operating time and can be recharged using the included AC adaptor (UK plug).

The headset is compatible with iPods with a remote control socket (excluding iPod NANO, iPod Shuffle), but may also be used with PC's and laptops with integrated or a standard USB or PCMCIA Bluetooth interface."

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As best I understand this headset/iPOD BT dongle combination set is not equipped with a 'mic' and is not capeable of opperating in 'scatternet' mode therefore it should work effectively with an iPOD to transfer stereo audio to the headset and allow the headset to transfer control data back to the iPOD. However, if I understand your post correctly you are looking for a product that will alow you to listen to, and control an iPOD over Bluetooth whilst retaining a connection to a mobile at the same time to take or make ic or/og calls? If this is the case you may wish to look at these two products. http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7530.htm for iPOD or http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/8904.htm for iPOD mini

Depending on what iPOD you are using, regular or mini, either one of these products should work for you in conjunction with a SONORIX headset. They are based around a chipset that will allow transfer of stereo audio from the iPOD to either the headset or in fact any A2DP sink chipset for onpass to a HiFi system over an A2DP stereo Bluetooth link whilst also allowing you to control the basic functions of the iPOD over the same Bluetooth link using the Bluetooth AVRCP profile. The SONORIX headset is also equipped with a mic and is enabled with 'scatternet' allowing you to be connected to several peripheral devices at the same time, meaning you can listen to your iPOD and if a call comes through your mobile you can take the call before switching back to your iPOD to return to your music.

Guest fluffcat1
As best I understand this headset/iPOD BT dongle combination set is not equipped with a 'mic' and is not capeable of opperating in 'scatternet' mode therefore it should work effectively with an iPOD to transfer stereo audio to the headset and allow the headset to transfer control data back to the iPOD. However, if I understand your post correctly you are looking for a product that will alow you to listen to, and control an iPOD over Bluetooth whilst retaining a connection to a mobile at the same time to take or make ic or/og calls? If this is the case you may wish to look at these two products. http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7530.htm for iPOD or http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/8904.htm for iPOD mini

From the specs these don't actually control the ipod do they? They look like 'dumb' audio adaptors.

Hi all,

audio dongle for the ipod that allows control of the ipod functions (next, pause, etc.) from the headphones

The infinixx one will.

http://www.apcomestore.com/product_info.ph...353e105173bb915

"The integrated AVRCP (AV Remote Control Profile) makes it possible to control fast forward, rewind, volume, pause, on and off functions directly from the headphone."

Just a shame it has no mic...

Richard

Guest SONORIX
From the specs these don't actually control the ipod do they? They look like 'dumb' audio adaptors.

The infinixx one will.

http://www.apcomestore.com/product_info.ph...353e105173bb915

"The integrated AVRCP (AV Remote Control Profile) makes it possible to control fast forward, rewind, volume, pause, on and off functions directly from the headphone."

Just a shame it has no mic...

Richard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry fluffcat I think you may be right I can't find anything in their spec referring to AVRCP

You might want to take a look here http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/bluetrip/index.php

This dongle allows all the same functions for a BT iPOD connection to your Hi-Fi but it's not clear whether you could pair it with a BT headset?

Guest spacerace
I dont know how the headphones work but Ive never been so impressed by any other click to enlarge images on any other site!! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hehe I know exactly what you mean, I spent ages playing with the image swapping just for the fun of it !

On a more related note, the headphones look great, I may well give them a shot...

Guest SONORIX
Where is the best place for someone in the states to get these?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can get the units through:

Expansys USA http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=117430

Futureshop in Canada http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...561&catid=10037

or we can ship from the UK direct from http://www.sonorix.co.uk

Edited by SONORIX

Guest Austin519

I personally hate expansys, they're slow, have no way to track your shipment well, have terrible customer support, and overcharge. I'd just get them directly ;) Plus that Expansys link you listed doesn't show any products.

Austin519

• 4 weeks later...

Erm, isn't the mic on a mini usb connection ? Doesn't that mean that you can't charge the headset and use it to make a call (either Mobile or Skype/Messenger) at the same time ?

Guest SONORIX
Erm, isn't the mic on a mini usb connection ? Doesn't that mean that you can't charge the headset and use it to make a call (either Mobile or Skype/Messenger) at the same time ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the OBH 0110 the mic does plug into the same port as the charging cable.

The OBH 0100 has an integral mic on a boom and is supplied with a separate charging cradle for the cell. You also get two cells so you can charge one whilst using the other. The same cradle is interchangeable and can also be used to charge cells for the OBH-0110

Guest DukeFleed

Ahh .... I like this thing

Is there anyway or device that can do the opposite to what the bluetooth dongle does? Recieve Bluetooth and output it via line-out?

Imagine connecting this thing to my computer broadcasting in bluetooth to my speakers far away in an impossible location. Just need to supply power

Even better yet, connect it to car audio, the minute I step foot in the car, it's already playing my song :) so I take off my headset (for safty reasons) and continue to hear the same song on my radio which is aux-hooked to something that recieves stereo Bluetooth

Is there anything like that Sonorix? (basically the headphones without the speakers in them, just lineout on the otherside)

• 4 months later...

Hi guys you've written quite a lot about the OBH-0110 OBH-0100 but one thing I couldn't understand clearly

Once you connect the dongle with the phone can you listen to music and receive, answer calls I mean do you really need the phone around can you just throw it in the bag and enjoy pure wireless life :) hell I sounded like a dream or something but I really would not enjoy having the phone and the dingle in my pocket and acctually how big is the dingle I couldn't find any dimensions.

On the other hand is in some way possible you use OBH-0100 model with the dongle once it's USB

I would apreciate it if a get a responce

Cheers ;)

Guest roma0803

If the phone has Bluetooth and also supports the stereo (A2DP) Bluetooth profile, you can throw the phone in your bag and enjoy pure wireless life :) But you can not see who's calling you unless you take out your phone to see the display. You can answer the phone with your headset anyway.

The dongle you only need with your desktop computer. This dongle provides the same functionality as with your phone to your desktop computer. Wireless stereo and headset functionality (i.e. for Skype).

Btw. v666, welcome to the forums

Edited by roma0803

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tamanaco

After some research I found that I like the Jabra BT 620 better than the Sonorix, but I'm not buying either. I have been looking for smaller form factor Bluetooth stereo headphones for my 8310 as I find the current breed of A2DP Bluetooth headphones a bit too bulky. I got the 8310 so that I didn't have to carry an MP3 player, a PDA and a cell phone. I don't want to buy another mobile gadget that I won't be able confortably carry or fit in one of my pockets after I done using it.

Yesterday I came accross this Korean bluetooth headphones clip-on. http://aving.net/usa/news/default.asp?mode...mp;btb_num=1486

I think this clip can be used with "any" headphone with a short cord. Including plugs and earbuds. I can clip this thing to my belt, shirt or arm band. The site does not specify if it supports A2DP or AVCRP, but it shows the clip with earbuds using a cellular phone with bluetooth. Of course, I'd still need to get some feedback about sound quality before I can seriously consider it. Btw, it supposedely also comes in black.

Has anyone found a smaller form factor bluetooth stereo headphones?

Comments?

Edited by tamanaco

Guest roma0803

These are about the same size as my Nokia HS-12W earset. With these I'm not to happy with the volume (though that might be the unofficial A2DP patch) and the way these do not fit exactly in the ear. That's why I think I'm going for a clip on solution like the Sonorix. I don't think there will be a smaller type since the Bluetooth radio has to be somewhere. With the Sonorix type it's in the ear piece, with earbuds you carry it around your neck or clipped on your shirt.

Guest roma0803
Are they the same as these ?

Amazon.co.uk listing

The 'installs software on my phone' bit in the reviews is worrying :)

Those seem to be the same. User reports also a small volume issue as I have with my Nokia's. About that software, maybe the software is needed to support A2DP on his model Nokia?

Edit:

Yep, no mention of A2DP on the 6680 on the Nokia site.

Edited by roma0803

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...