Boxwave Cleartouch anything but clear

Guest oelph

I've just received and installed a Boxwave Cleartouch screen protector on my wizard. Unfortunately its anything but clear - I managed to get no bubbles or other dirt under the screen, but the protector has created what I can only describe as a mutli-coloured moire effect all over. Its noticable all the time but really bad on white. There is simply no way I can keep it on and maintain good visibility of the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have a JavoEdge screen protector on mine which works very well indeed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went for PPC Techs Qtek 9100 WriteSHIELD C2 2-Pak from expansys not really a bad price and very very clear! you dont even notice it!!!

A Tip though - once you've installed it done take it off thinkin you can do a better job cos you cant!!!!!

The only problem i cn see with them is if you get a generous size of crap under it then u get a bubble alot bigger the the spec of dust as its stopping it from sticking. I must not once the backlight is on though its impossible too see the bubble.

Direct link to the kit

expansys

Edited by sgeary

Guest MitchellO

I have am EXIM one off ebay (au$16 delivered) and its perfect. You can tell its on there. Looks just like its not there. ;) :D

Posted from my KJAM.

I know exactly what you are talking about oelph, i too have a boxwave cleartouch screen protector and i noticed the same thing but only on a small area in the middle of the screen. I assumed that i simply applied it wrong (i have yet to remove it and try again though). I bought 2 of them so i will try the other one and see what happens. I had one of these on my Jam but never had this problem.

Well, i took my screen protector off and that moire effect is still there, appearantly its in the screen itself! Im gonna have to start a new post about this one...

OK,

After leaving my wizard alone for a few minutes, i noticed that the moire effect slowly faded away. Im guessing that i used too much pressure when i first applied the protector as ive re-applied it now and theres no moire effect there. All is well.

oelph, try re-appling yours again but try to let it 'lay' onto the screen on its own. I did that slowly with mine and no bubbles formed so i didnt have to put any pressure on the screen.

I couldn't get the boxwave reapplied without the moire effect so I had to ditch it. I've just received a Writescreen protector from Expansys and installed it. Its perfect! Absolutely clear - i can't tell that its on there. Very happy.

I'm sure the boxwave are fine - maybe I did something wrong or had a duff one. However the Writescreen comes with some nice tools - horse hair brush, 2 wet wipes and a cloth to dry the screen before applying as well as some nifty white plastic tools for lifting the protector off again. Very satisifed - now I can start carrying my Wiz in my pocket! Hurrah ;)

Got my vario on tuesday, delighted with it, a tad concerned about getting scratchs on the screen though.  I came across this comparison site http://www.brighthand.com/article/Protect_Your_Screen  which strangely gave the box wave the best score? I now confused on which to go for?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure what to say, however I think there are many happy Boxwave users out there. I had problems but you might not.

Guest thelawman

After making a pig's ear of applying the screen protector included with the Vario, I tried the Expansys 'own brand' screen protector. It's non-adhesive, applies really easily without bubbles and seems pretty durable, but the touchscreen doesn't seem to be too responsive when it's on - I suspect this may be due to it's thickness.

In my quest for the perfect screen protector, I was wondering how easy are the writeshield and cleartouch protectors to apply without bubbles and are they adhesive?

I've just received and installed a Boxwave Cleartouch screen protector on my wizard. Unfortunately its anything but clear - I managed to get no bubbles or other dirt under the screen, but the protector has created what I can only describe as a mutli-coloured moire effect all over. Its noticable all the time but really bad on white. There is simply no way I can keep it on and maintain good visibility of the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i just got my boxwaves delivered today for my wizard, i put it on and had the same thing so took it off and noticed the top was a bit tackie so turned it over and it fitted great so it looked like i had it on upside down. by this time there were a few bits of dust stuck to it so i binned that one and used one of the others i had and now it looks great. if you have it stuck on the wrong way to do seem to get an oil kind of effect on the screen so try turning it over