m5000 and tomtom 5.0

Guest iwilliams

Guest Larnsky

Yes it will install, but you need to do it by copying the .CAB files across, and installing them from the device! I have 5.1 running on mine.... works a treat!

Guest iwilliams
Yes it will install, but you need to do it by copying the .CAB files across, and installing them from the device! I have 5.1 running on mine.... works a treat!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nice one dude

Gonna try that now

p.s

Iam from Bristol as well

hhehehe

Guest iwilliams

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

copied the cab files over but the ttn.cab fails?

any ideas please

Guest Larnsky

hmm thats strange, i just got the TomTom 5 CD, copied the 5 CABs across onto my SD card and ran them from there, i also copied the other files across with them (they have the same names as the files) not sure what extension they were now, but you may need them with the CAB's. I then ran them all one by one from the device and it worked from there.

I then installed the update the same way.

Guest iwilliams
hmm thats strange, i just got the TomTom 5 CD, copied the 5 CABs across onto my SD card and ran them from there, i also copied the other files across with them (they have the same names as the files) not sure what extension they were now, but you may need them with the CAB's. I then ran them all one by one from the device and it worked from there.

I then installed the update the same way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok thanks

What about the maps?

when did you install the UK map

Guest sunilbass

does your gps connect with ur m5000?? if so, can you tell me how you have done this please?? i've installed tomtom5 plus maps on my xda exec but cant get the gps to connect with the phone although it still works with my c500!!

Guest Markda2000

Has anyone got TomTom working with a wired gps. I have a gps mouse with a PS2 connector and that will do the job for me but before I go and purchase the TomTom 5.0 software I really would like to know that my existing receiver will work. I know I will need to obtain a PS2 to mini USB lead.

Guest iwilliams

I still cant install the software

The cabs have been copied over and install all but one. The one which doesnt install is the tt5.cab

Its fails at the end saying unsuccesful

Guest MSPENCE

Could someone let me know do you need a seperate GPS Device for Sat Nav programs etc on the M5000? Some people I have spoken to say yes and others say no and now I am getting confused..!

Guest JamShady
Could someone let me know do you need a seperate GPS Device for Sat Nav programs etc on the M5000? Some people I have spoken to say yes and others say no and now I am getting confused..!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you need a GPS reciever which will locate your position. Your M5000 will connect to this (via bluetooth) and use installed software (TomTom etc) to display your position.

Guest Larnsky

OK heres the setup that i have:

Got my M5000 with a 1GB SD card and a TomTom Bluetooth Receiver.

I'd previously been running tomtom on my M1000 so the maps were already on the SD card (but the program was not)

I Copied across all of the CAB files from the tomtom CD ROM and placed them onto the SD card. I then ran them all one by one and installed the program onto the SD card.

I tested out tomtom and it worked

I then repeated the process, copying across the 5.1 update CABs, i ran all of these and it again worked.

I don't know why one of your CABs would fail, as it seemed to work smoothly for me, and for several other people from comments i've read on other forums.

Guest Confucious

The cab files will fail if it is, or thinks it is, already running. A soft reboot should help.

To pair with a wireless GPS receiver the 5.1 upgrade needs to be installed.

Is it up to TomTom to get the install program to work with AS 4 or up to MS to fix AS so it works with the install program? Does anyone know if it will be fixed?

I just got me TomTom 5 Navigator off ebay along with a TomTom bluetooth GPS device. The device seems to hook up over bluetooth ok, but I'm completely stumped with how to get the software going.

- I have a CD with it that only seems to have manuals on it

- I have a SD card with it that only seems to contain maps

- The 5.1 upgrade won't let me install the software, I assume because it can't find v5.0.

I am wondering if the guy I bought it from has not included the software CD, but from what has been said he it doesn't sound like I need it, and just need the cab files for v5.1, but where are they? I have a (hopefully!) valid product code, so I just need the software itself.

Anyone? I've a trip to do later today and it would be deeply helpful to have the device working before I leave.

Thanks in advance...

Wizard

OK, so I found the cab files on the SD Card. I ran them and now have TomTom running ok on the M5000, and it talks to the GPS device fine.

How do I upgrade to v5.1? The installer on Windows only offers me options to install free demos. I don't understand that.

Help?

Wizard

Guest Confucious

To install 5.1 you need to start the install, then when it fails you should have the cab files on your PC (there is a conflict between the instal program and AS 4 and above). Copy the cab files to your device (all 4 of them) and run from there.

Once you have installed 5.1 you will have to register it and away you go.

Good luck.

To install 5.1 you need to start the install, then when it fails you should have the cab files on your PC (there is a conflict between the instal program and AS 4 and above). Copy the cab files to your device (all 4 of them) and run from there.

Once you have installed 5.1 you will have to register it and away you go.

Good luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've found the cabs, and tried running them. There was an error saying the previous version could not be removed. I went through Remove Programs and took all of TomTom off. I am now finding (like a previous) poster that it won't install at all now. the ttn.cab file says it cannot be installed, even despite there being loads of space on both the SD card and the device itself.

HELP!!?

Wizard

I've found the cabs, and tried running them. There was an error saying the previous version could not be removed. I went through Remove Programs and took all of TomTom off. I am now finding (like a previous) poster that it won't install at all now. the ttn.cab file says it cannot be installed, even despite there being loads of space on both the SD card and the device itself.

HELP!!?

Wizard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn. v5.0 now won't install either. It seems running the v5.1 cab files on the phone has screwed the phone to such a degree I now have no satnav.

Anyone know a fix?

Wizard

• 2 months later...
Guest mattgod69

Does anyone know how to add the correct english voice to the pocket pc. There are so many cab files to choose from. Also, Io cant seem to find the CAB files from the flaied 5.1 update. Does anyone know where they are extracted to? Many thanks in anticipation.

• 3 months later...
Guest Shaunfarris

Mine installed perfectly and registered direct first time.

I do though have version 5.2 of TomTom, and have done the latest Orange ROM update from the website

Guest mattgod69

Thanx Shaun. I managed to get it going in the end with no problems.

I just wish the M5000 had a little more memory!

Matt

Mine installed perfectly and registered direct first time.

I do though have version 5.2 of TomTom, and have done the latest Orange ROM update from the website