Get UK English on your SP5!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Weirdly, none of the stuff like backgammon, AV or even the iMate backgrounds seem to be on this build, odd (but fine by me!)

From About after hard reset:

Available Storage: 14.06 MB

Total Storage: 17.94 MB

Available Memory: 27.84 MB

Total Memory: 45.05 MB

Guest shadamehr

Paul,

Do a Hard Reset, or Clear Storage, on an i-mate, and you will lose said items also, so they are not incorporated into the base ROM, but the add on cab available instead.

That seems a lot of free storage after a reset, compared to what I got on existing ROM though.

Shame i have too much stuff on now to give it a go.

Guest Cybertronic

OT: Has anyone had problems with i-mate's website saying their SP5 IMEI number is a pre-owned phone? :?:

It says that for me when I bought it brand new with a contract althought I've sent them an email :D

Thanks for the link Paul ;)

Guest gilesjuk
OT: Has anyone had problems with i-mate's website saying their SP5 IMEI number is a pre-owned phone? :?:

It says that for me when I bought it brand new with a contract althought I've sent them an email :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's possible someone wanted access to the site and guessed an IMEI to use.

Guest UniqueTouch

Paul,

What advantage does this have over the standard WWE ROM we recieved with our device?

Do you recommend flashing the device to this UK one?

Many thanks

Guest roma0803
,Nov 10 2005, 00:03]Weirdly, none of the stuff like backgammon, AV or even the iMate backgrounds seem to be on this build, odd (but fine by me!)

From About after hard reset:

Available Storage: 14.06 MB

Total Storage: 17.94 MB

Available Memory: 27.84  MB

Total Memory: 45.05 MB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those programs are available as a seperate software package to download at the site. The i-mate homescreen and layout are in there as well and same goes for the tool that changes the grid view.

And that is indeed a lot of available storage. I think mine was about 8MB after a hard reset with the WWE version that came pre-installed. Paul. can you tell us your available storage when you are done with installing your software and synchronized with your desktop Outlook?

Edited by roma0803

,Nov 11 2005, 10:01]The advantage is UK English instead of US English in the OS, e.g. 'Favourites' instead of 'Favorites'.

That bugs me enough for it to be worthwhile ;)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed but why doesn't favourites folder name in Windows File Manager get similarly corrected :roll:

Also I've been left with a Windows Mobile 5.cab file after upgrading. Should this be run or can it simply be deleted :?:

After upgrade then adding back 500+ contacts, tasks and calendar now at 12.05MB free memory :D

Edited by Wudang

Guest sidsmut

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had exactly the same problem with one of my SP3i. They did eventually respond to my e-mail (3 weeks) and allow me to register the device as mine but with no explanation.....

Guest shadamehr

Differences I have noticed so far in this ROM (will be added if I spot any in future):

1 - UK English in most places (obviously)

2 - Text Messaging is now called SMS in the Messaging folders - it was a key reason why none of the right key registry and messaging inbox tweaks on this site would work for me so I will re-try these sometime, now that it is again called "SMS"

3 - I could be wrong but there seems to be an ADDITIONAL (?) item in Power Management relating to screen time out, as opposed to Backlight timeout. Or was this always here - I don't seem to remember it.

I'll add more as they come to me.

Edited by shadamehr

Guest shadamehr

EDIT1:

4 - Memory. Much more somehow - I now have around 12-13MB free with my 379 contacts (some with photos) and my extensive Calendar (that was around 3.5MB) re-installed. I have not yet put maybe two apps back on, but nevertheless, I show 12-13MB free whereas before it was 8MB.

5 - Boot Splash Screen - after the i-mate logo on bootup, there is now the HTC logo, prior to the Windows Mobile Splash Screen showing.

More as I find it.

Guest roma0803

Yes, I also do have the HTC logo. But 12 to 13MB, that's about 5MB more than the WWE ROM. Hmm, hate to think about a hard reset, to much trouble for me now... I think... ow, doubts..

Yes, I also do have the HTC logo. But 12 to 13MB, that's about 5MB more than the WWE ROM. Hmm, hate to think about a hard reset, to much trouble for me now... I think... ow, doubts..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Go on you know it makes sense ;)

Iam joining the sp5 club on monday , the rom on mine is dutch so will be interesting to see what memory i have on it , will most probably upgrade to uk english as well ;) now just to find away to rip my orange homescreen from my C550 :D

Guest roma0803

It won't be a Dutch ROM but an international ROM. There are 3 international ROM's available for the i-mate. One of them has also UK English instead of US English in it. That's the ROM people here are now using. It's the same build so you can't speak of an upgrade, just another ROM that seems to leave more memory unused.