Scrolling in Pocket IE

Guest sjalloq

Guest ScottC

Does anyone have an idea if this trick would work for the email client? I already tried adding them to the "inbox" portion without any luck...

I'd love to get a page down in my emails as well...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pino63

Hi!

Djbressler, what do you mean with "with Google, they've mapped the keys already - so the only key I found unused was 9 -"?

Thank-you.

Pino.

Guest goatpunch
Hi!

Djbressler, what do you mean with "with Google, they've mapped the keys already - so the only key I found unused was 9 -"?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he's referring to 'Google Mobile' - a pretty cool service which filters the pages of other sites to remove bloated html, etc. They also add features such as 'show images', 'next search result' etc., which are mapped to keystrokes. Annoyingly, the keypresses take precedence over the 'pocket IE' ones. I haven't found a way to turn off google mobile's keystrokes - I like the filtering but find pocket IE's shortucts for scrolling far more useful than Google Mobile's.

Guest goatpunch
I think he's referring to 'Google Mobile' - a pretty cool service which filters the pages of other sites to remove bloated html, etc. They also add features such as 'show images', 'next search result' etc., which are mapped to keystrokes. Annoyingly, the keypresses take precedence over the 'pocket IE' ones.

I haven't found a way to turn off google mobile's keystrokes - I like the filtering but find pocket IE's shortucts for scrolling far more useful than Google Mobile's.I've emailed google to see if they can add a 'disable shortcuts' option in the preferences.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 2 weeks later...
Guest goatpunch

I told Google about this issue, here's their reply:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to help you.

Unfortunately, we haven't received similar complaints from other users and

are unable to provide you with a solution at this time. Please be assured

that we'll monitor this issue.

We appreciate your support as we work to improve Google Mobile.

Regards,

The Google Team

If this annoys you too, let them know!

Guest AdamShegrud

Yes yes thank you indeed

One of my biggest annoyances with this phone is the lack of forthought on scrolling a mile down a long page.

I assume that these are the other key names

49 = 1

50 = 2

51 = 3

52 = 4

53 = 5

54 = 6

55 = 7

56 = 8

59 = 9

Can you confirm that.

Also what are the other button names

0 = ?

* = ?

# = ?

Guest goatpunch
Yes yes thank you indeed

One of my biggest annoyances with this phone is the lack of forthought on scrolling a mile down a long page.

I assume that these are the other key names

49 = 1

50 = 2

51 = 3

52 = 4

53 = 5

54 = 6

55 = 7

56 = 8

59 = 9

Can you confirm that.

Also what are the other button names

0  = ?

*  = ?

# = ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you're right about the button names. As for the others; 48='0', 119='*', and 120='#'. All All keycodes are listed in this post. Note that WM5 AKU2 adds the '2' and '8' keys for page up and page down without any registry tweaking.

Guest AdamShegrud
Where have you been this month?  ;)  AKU2 is the internal name for the first update to Windows Mobile 5 (think of it as 'Service Pack 1'). Microsoft's marketing department calls it the "Messaging & Security Feature Pack": http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/bus.../5/default.mspx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sweet.... I was hoping thats what that was. I hadnt heard anything about it. But I did just get my Tmobile SDA a couple weeks ago. So I dont have which forums down that I need to keep an eye on.

One of my problems in this regard is the damb branding of this phone. Ive heard it equated to three HTC models just when i think one is right i hear it called another.

Do you happen to know definitively what names the Tmobile SDA is called by (its the music model if that matters.)

Looks like the upgrade is only for spacific devices so Id like to make sure before I go installing it.

Adam

• 1 year later...