Can the Vario be unlocked?

Guest battletank

Guest battletank

Someone earlier mentioned that the staff in the T-Mobile shop informed them that T-Mobile customer services will unlock the Vario for around £10 if requested.

Has anyone tried this? Can they confirm this is the case?

My concerns were raised when reading that the MDA Pro sold by T-Mobile in Germany is network locked, and currently customer services are not able to unlock it. Article: http://www.theunwired.net/?itemid=2640&catid=20

EDIT: YES IT CAN... See http://www.modaco.com/UNLOCKING_NOW_AVAILABLE_-t231601.html

Edited by battletank

Guest battletank

I've read elsewhere some additional information:

T-Mobile will provide an unlock code on request only after one month of ownership. Cost is around £25.

Apparently imei-check.com expect to have an unlock product available for this phone in the next 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed...

Guest battletank
Apparently imei-check.com expect to have an unlock product available for this phone in the next 2 weeks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Scratch that!

I got this back from IMEI-CHECK.COM

post-8351-1131667268_thumb.jpg

Guest battletank
Gow much does IMEI check charge for doing it with them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IMEI Check charge £20 GBP - that's likely to be cheaper than going to T-Mobile directly, and without the wait....

Guest Pondrew

If I'm not mistaken IMEI-Unlock always sets the CID to factory default as well. For those who don't know this means the device is 'unlocked' to any update intended for the particular HTC device. ie a Qtek could be unlocked to take an Imate rom.