Have to re-pair each time I want to use Bluetooth

Guest eggedd2k

Guest eggedd2k

got my qstarz bluetooth gps device today. once it's paired up and the bluetooth light on the gps box flashes every second it works fine with tomtom.

the problem comes when i switch off bluetooth on the phone and switch off the bluetooth gps box. when i come to switch it all back on again the phone can't communicate with the gps box unless I go through the re-pairing process.

anyone else had this problem or know how to sort it?

Guest alaistair
I've sorted it mate. you have to make sure the phone has the Discoverable option ticked. works each time very time now. give that a go and report back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah just found this post...I have the same issue with my BT77 GPS....I'll try this tonight when I get home.

Why do I need to make the phone "discoverable"? even after the two are paired - any ideas?

Guest ZiniWiz

I can confirm that leaving 'discoverable' enabled works ...

I get the feeling that the Bluetooth implementation in WM5 is a bit shoddy compared to previous versions!

Cheers

Z

Ah just found this post...I have the same issue with my BT77 GPS....I'll try this tonight when I get home.

Why do I need to make the phone "discoverable"? even after the two are paired - any ideas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest alaistair
I can confirm that leaving 'discoverable' enabled works ...

I get the feeling that the Bluetooth implementation in WM5 is a bit shoddy compared to previous versions!

Cheers

Z

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just tried it when I got home and it didn't work for me.

Any more hints ZiniWiz. The instructions that came with my BT77 were very "light" (bought from e-bay). Did you get a decent manual (could you e-mail me a copy).

Didn't understand the manual about repressing the button for 2 seconds to turn it into "pairing mode" - it just switches mine3 off?

Help Meeeeeeee ;)

Guest ZiniWiz
Just tried it when I got home and it didn't work for me.

Any more hints ZiniWiz.  The instructions that came with my BT77 were very "light" (bought from e-bay).  Did you get a decent manual (could you e-mail me a copy).

Didn't understand the manual about repressing the button for 2 seconds to turn it into "pairing mode" - it just switches mine3 off?

Help Meeeeeeee ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The 2 seconds press of the power button is supposed to be done when the BT77 is off ... the BT77 will power on and the bluetooth led will flash rapidly ... this just helps your M5000 to detect it more easily ...

Once you have a relationship established I think the key is to always switch on the M5000 Bluetooth first, let it get going, a flash or two of the blue LED on the M5000 should be enough ... then power on the BT77 with just a quick press of the BT77 power button.

No extra instructions with mine I'm afraid ... like yours it came with just a couple of lines of text ...

Hope the above helps ...

Cheers

Z

Guest alaistair
The 2 seconds press of the power button is supposed to be done when the BT77 is off ... the BT77 will power on and the bluetooth led will flash rapidly ... this just helps your M5000 to detect it more easily ...

Once you have a relationship established I think the key is to always switch on the M5000 Bluetooth first, let it get going, a flash or two of the blue LED on the M5000 should be enough ... then power on the BT77 with just a quick press of the BT77 power button.

No extra instructions with mine I'm afraid ... like yours it came with just a couple of lines of text ...

Hope the above helps ...

Cheers

Z

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woohoo - I think thats it working.

I also got a reply from another guy who was selling these on the internet. Very helpful so I'll pass on the recommendation http://www.kaali.co.uk/

He also said that you should uncheck the "requires authentication" on the serial settings on the bluetooth connection. He reckons that TomTom will manage the blue tooth connection.

I've tried that this morning....switched off bluetooth on my M5000, turned on the BT77 (with a short press as advised), started tomtom on my M5000. Tomtom seemed to fire up the bluetooth - connect - and its all going.....so three nights of grief are sorted......