WiFi woes

Guest Dazism

One of the main reasons for getting a Vario was the Wifi but I cannot get it to work in any shape or form.

I use wifi for a couple of PCs and a PSP with my router so I'm sure it's working fine. On my Vario though every single one of the pre-set networks and any I add are always 'unavailable.' And yes, Wifi is turned on.

I've tried Wififofum and Hitchhiker and they don't bring anything up (in fact hitchhiker does nothing but crash every couple of minutes).

[edit]

I have tried disabling WEP, using WPA, changing broadcast channel, disabling SSID, enabling MAC address filtering. Right now SSID is being broadcast, all MAC addresses are accepted and WEP is on.

Anyone had a similar problem and, preferably, found an easy fix? ;)

Edited by Dazism

Guest MitchellO

I've had no probs with my WiFi. Have you tried a soft or hard reset? IF soft reset doesn't work, try a hard reset and don't install any apps. If it works then, you have a broken app. If it doesn't, sounds like you have a broken Wizard ;)

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just performed a hard reset and then reset my vario before all of the T-Mobile stuff was installed. No change in the wifi.

Another Hard Reset, let the T-Mob extended ROM stuff install and tried again. No wifi ;)

I did notice that the network name is greyed out when I go to edit a network, in the manual it says something about being unable to edit a detected network. But that isn't the case, all of the pre-loaded profiles are greyed out and every one I create. Ho hum.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just performed a hard reset and then reset my vario before all of the T-Mobile stuff was installed.  No change in the wifi.

Another Hard Reset, let the T-Mob extended ROM stuff install and tried again.  No wifi ;)

I did notice that the network name is greyed out when I go to edit a network, in the manual it says something about being unable to edit a detected network. But that isn't the case, all of the pre-loaded profiles are greyed out and every one I create.  Ho hum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got my Qtek9100 yesterday, and since I have been struggling to get the damn wi-fi to work to no avail, I have tried everything that I can come up with, the thing is that it does find my wifi network without any problem, but when I hit connect it does not connect :D, I have tried to reset the router, and run without any encryption or the likes, not doing anyting to help this matter.

Does anyone know if there´s some kind of log on the device for wi-fi connections?

So I can see why it´s not connecting...

This is annoying as hell!

/fahlis

Guest Phil Lee

I had to change my router so that it supported b as well as g wi-fi in order to get my Vario to connect. Once I'd done that it connected with no problem. I'm posting this from my Vario using wi-fi.

Guest battletank

I've had some issues with the Wifi, but by trial and error, I've come up with something stable...

Here are my findings...

With my Belkin Pre-N router: No combination worked.

With my Netgear WGT624 router: Channels <3 or >8 did not work well, increasing the chance of drop out. Mixed b/g mode caused serious connectivity issues. No connection in G only mode. In the end, I've found that using channel 6, in wireless-B (11Mbps) mode is the most stable, and the range and throughput are just about acceptable.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for resurrecting this but I thought I'd let you know what has happened.

I bought a new router because my old one wasn't compatible with my Nintendo DS and the Vario still wasn't detecting anything. My friend's Vario detected both old and new routers straight away. Decided I'll complain to T-Mobile.

Spent an hour and a half on the phone to T-Mob going through pretty much everything he could think of (very helpful by the way, said they were planning ROM updates in Q1 2006) but at the end of it he agreed that it was indeed quite crap. Took it back to the shop I got it from and had a replacement right away.

Got it home, connected to my router pretty much instantly. Works on B-only, G-only and mixed, not found any problems with encryption or channels. Browsing the net is fine, agile messenger works a treat and I'm happy as a pig in..

Anyway, thanks to all who offered help, much appreciated :)

Guest madferret

I got a Vario yesterday and after hours of fiddling and tearing out hair can only get it to connect using 11b. Nothing at all on g or mixed modes. I've got a Netgear WR614 router.

I got a Vario yesterday and after hours of fiddling and tearing out hair can only get it to connect using 11b.  Nothing at all on g or mixed modes.  I've got a Netgear WR614 router.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought my Vario on 5th November. No problem connecting to 802.11b or mixed 802.11b/g but would not connect to 802.11g only. I have now flashed the k-jam ROM onto my Vario and I have 802.11g working.

T-Mobile tech support told me it was a company decision to disable 802.11g. Idiots! (the company, not the techs)

Guest PayableOnDeath
Works on B-only, G-only and mixed,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

G-Only?

thought T-mobile disabled that, why I dont damm silly if you ask me lol this new rom that was talked about, I wonder if it will enable G only connections :)