htc wizard

Guest kungfusu

Guest kungfusu

hi, i've never posted here b4 but is in dire need of help! My mate who works for Orange head office just gave me 2 htc wizards but both with broken lcd screens (apparently orange head office have thrown them out but he said as long as the screens are replaced then it is fin), i have no idea where i can go and fix them or get it replaced? anyone can help me? i'm assuming these phones are non-branded ones cuz orange uk are not selling m3000, plus the phones that i have don't have a logo of any sort and has no imei or s.n behind the battery as other phones do? Can anyone pls help! cuz i really want to be able to fix it and use it!

p.s does any other screen in the htc range work with the htc wizard? thanks for your help in advance! cheers

you will be very lucky to find a screen that will work appart from the dedicated one, to be honest when a PDA has a broken screen it is normally not worth fixing because the screen is easily the most expensive part.

I would either ebay them as spares or keep them as spares for yourself, I bet the guys here wouldent mind seeing the guts of one if your up for stripping and taking some pics :-D

Guest kungfusu
you will be very lucky to find a screen that will work appart from the dedicated one, to be honest when a PDA has a broken screen it is normally not worth fixing because the screen is easily the most expensive part.

I would either ebay them as spares or keep them as spares for yourself, I bet the guys here wouldent mind seeing the guts of one if your up for stripping and taking some pics :-D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i may well try and sell the parts, howeer was wondering would htc europe take it to repairs even if there was no imei? i heard it costs around £100 or so to fix? is that right? any suggetions? cheers

The phones will have IMEI numbers (this is embedded into the hardware), I doubt HTC europe will take engineering samples back for repair, infact you might get your friend into trouble at orange for giving them to you.

Also you might spend your hard earned cash to get new displays and the phones are very early samples with missing features etc, might be worth a try if your up for a gamble, id say your more likely to make more cash by selling them as spares after the Wizard has been on the market for a bit longer.

Guest MitchellO

I second the hope that you will crack (no pun intended) one open and take some pics to see the insides. I for one want to see the WiFi module. It is some kind of SD card, and wondering if there is some kind of internal SD slot ;) :D :D

Regarding screen repairs, have a look at Pocket PC Techs. They may have a repair for the Wizard soon if you really wanted to get them fixed.

Guest adchaffey
My mate who works for Orange head office just gave me 2 htc wizards but both with broken lcd screens (apparently orange head office have thrown them out but he said as long as the screens are replaced then it is fin)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could this be the reason Orange aren't releasing the M3000?!?!

Did something on the device frustrate them soooo much they smashed them?? I know that happened to my old e100 once. Poor thing :)