Arcsoft MMS MISSING

Guest bennish

Guest bennish

Hey guys

I've got a problem. Seems my Arcsoft MMS is missing. I have 'mms settings' in messaging, and even the 'about' that has the arcsoft logo, says version number etc... but i can't seem to actually GET to it. how do i send one? is it missing or something?

I have registry entries... but i can only use 'outlook' and 'text messages'. Can anyone help? Is it in ext ROM, 'cause i thought it would just be in the htc stuff.

Guest bennish

hmm i've worked it out... must be in the ext rom. I did a hard reset and allowed everything but skype and anti-v to install, and there's my mms.

oh well.

MitchellO do you have this prob?

Guest MitchellO

Funny you should mention this actually, as last night I went looking for the MMS too. I had the config thing in Messaging, but the MMS folder was nowhere to be found.

After a bit of digging in the Ext. ROM using TotalCommander, I copied all the Default_ files to my miniSD to check them out on the computer. On my XDA Mini, the MMS did not show at all until I installed the MMS Cab (several MB) from the Ext. ROM, but on the K-JAM, I could not find a file large enough.

After checking out the files, I found one called Default_CAB-shortcut-CDL-08Sept05.CAB, which seemed to have registry keys for MMS. I figured maybe this file needed to be installed to create the MMS folders in Messaging.

It worked!! (I was quite pleased that I had figured it out, Google was no help for once ;) :D :D ) After installing it, it created the MMS folders, as well as a shortcut to the MIDlet manager (I had made one already though :D ).

Guest bennish

great! thanks mate, 'cause after installng all the other ext rom stuff it s SLOwWWWW - so i'm gonna *only* install that file. Great help thanks for letting me know which one it is. i can have a *nearly* pristine rom then ;)

What do i need in my extended rom then? that file, but autorun exe, install_tsk and setup.exe, which do i need? i'm trying to be minimalistic here.

Hi

I seem to have the same problem, i search'ed google and found this forums and you seem to have solved it, problem is that i have no idea how you do this, so could you be kind and explain me this installing prosses or at least point me the right way..

• 3 weeks later...

Does someone know which cabs must be installed on a MDA Compact?

I tried already:

Emailwiz

Customization Magician

Acrosoft MMS

TMNL Customize

The mms editor is there, only no folders for mms. :'(