NO OK BUTTON AND NO GAMES INSTALLED IMEDIATELLY

Guest singer12

Guest singer12

hi i am having a problem with the xda exec.First the ok button dissapeared from the home screen so i cant press it when i install a game for eg and there is a massage says that this game was installed on ur device or when i take a photo and i press save as .and second when i install a game to the phone the game installs to the phone after i restart the phone and not immediatelly can anyone help me couse i am desperate.Oh and how do you switch off the device without have to take the battery off?i press the power button but the phone doesnt switch off.

Edited by singer12

Guest awarner [MVP]

May be worth a hard reset as the ok button should be there.

As for tuening the phone off basically you can not. PPC devices are designed to hibernate and not to power off unlike phones.

Guest JonStatt

As for tuening the phone off basically you can not. PPC devices are designed to hibernate and not to power off unlike phones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree with the philosophy behind not allowing the phone to go off. When you go into a cinema or theatre, you want to make absolutely sure the phone isn't going to make any sounds. You have to put the phone into flight mode, and switch the sound off to make sure nothing interrupts. However, I always feel nervous that something will happen, such as a crash/restart of the phone, and it will come back to life again. There should be a facility, for peace of mind, to switch it off completely.

Jonathan

Guest removed-14
hi i am having a problem with the xda exec.First the ok button dissapeared from the home screen so i cant press it when i install a game for eg and there is a massage says that this game was installed on ur device or when i take a photo and i press save as .and second when i install a game to the phone the game installs to the phone after i restart the phone and not immediatelly can anyone help me couse i am desperate.Oh and how do you switch off the device without  have to take the battery off?i press the power button but the phone doesnt switch off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you installed any task manager type applications or today plugins? Ive had software before that has messed about with my OK / X!

Guest Phil Lee

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My MDA Vario can be turned off. If you press and hold the power button for more than 5 seconds. The OS comes up with a prompt saying "Device will be off, and may lose some data. Do you want to continue?" If you say Yes it turns the phone off. Maybe the same thing can be done on the Universal.

Guest Pondrew
My MDA Vario can be turned off. If you press and hold the power button for more than 5 seconds. The OS comes up with a prompt saying "Device will be off, and may lose some data. Do you want to continue?" If you say Yes it turns the phone off. Maybe the same thing can be done on the Universal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good to hear. Been wondering what the situation would be with turning off Pocket PC Phones. Knew the theory was that Persistent Storage in WM5 made it possible but no one seemed to mention being able to do it until now!

Guest rickyburke

as far as i can see, you will lose nothing. its like turning your pc off. wm5 has persistent storage, which stores everything no matter how long u leave the battery off for, which is what i do in the cinema, because i have the phobia of something on it making a noise. ;)

Guest dolphinsmile

It is annoying not being able to turn off. I put my phone into sleep and somehow it comes back awake I hate getting text in the middle of the night. With that problem and the alarm system below par, makes you think Microsoft took the Friday off when building theses sections of the OS. Pathetic really.

Guest Pondrew
It is annoying not being able to turn off. I put my phone into sleep and somehow it comes back awake I hate getting text in the middle of the night. With that problem and the alarm system below par, makes you think Microsoft took the Friday off when building theses sections of the OS. Pathetic really.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seems you can't blame Microsoft as the new WM5 Pocket PC Phone the HTC Wizard (Imate K-Jam, Qtek 9100, MDA Vario, etc) DOES turn off. Apparently you just hold the power button for five seconds and a prompt comes up asking if you want to power off. Answering yes turns the device off.

For whatever reason I guess HTC must have decided to leave this function out of the HTC Universal.

Guest dolphinsmile

I hear you.

One of my big moans about smartphones or the ones I’ve own is that you cant set the alarm, see its set from the home screen then turn it off. Some people suggest turning the radio off but this doesn’t solve the reduction in battery. I’ve used old phones as alarm clocks for up to, 2 weeks without charging them. It adds an extra element to a phone that is indispensable. This is turning into such a rant, however business people for whom the phone is aimed at have meticulous schedules to keep. Don’t they?

The alarm is also far too quiet - the choice of tones is pathetic. I now find myself setting the alarm on my other mobile phone, just so I can check that the M5000 is actually alarming on time...