C500 BT Serial Port

Guest thegod2003

Guest thegod2003

Hi all,

Just after some advice. I'm trying to set up tomtom 5. I know I need to go into the BT serial Port options under configurations. The problem is there is no option in configurations for BT serial Port. Any ideas?

The only option relating to BT in the configs menu is Activesync. I'm running 4.2.1.1 by the way.

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest dave924
yeah i got same problem! with latest orange rom, so cannot pair with gps reciever!! may have to hard reset which is pity as internet is quicker!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

did you ever find out how to get around this??? please let me know, [email protected]

Guest jeffers1958
did you ever find out how to get around this??? please let me know, [email protected]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know if this will solve your problem but i got recently a GPS Receiver and had trouble linking the two together so info could be exchanged, Bluetooth recognised the GPS and eventually i went to settings/Bluetooth/Bluetooth then menu on here i had a COM Port so press menu and added an incoming and outgoing Port.

GPS now works fine.

Took ages to locate any info on the internet about it as i wasn't even loooking for Com Ports.

Hope it helps

By the way i recently upgraded the ROM to 4.21.1088, don't know if that makes a difference.

jeffers

Guest v4victory

I was using Polstar(bluetooth) with my Ipax pocket PC. you have to pair the both device properly using bluetooth manager before you enable GPS on ur device

And then from GPS configuration select the serial port normaly port 8 on my ipax

Edited by v4victory

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wayne877

Hi there I have followed this as fas as it goes and I can't add and outgoing port on my phone its shaded and not available.

Any suggestions??

Cheers Wayne