Using fingers on the screen

Guest JonStatt

Guest JonStatt

I am curious, do any of you use your fingers directly on the screen to dial telephone numbers when the universal is in portrait mode? I guess some of you will want to avoid getting greasy fingermarks on the screen so always use the stylus or use voice commands.

Also, has anyone any comments yet on how good the quality of the screen is in terms of scratches (i.e does it seem scratch resistant?). I hate screen protectors as I can never get them on perfectly no matter how hard I try....there must be a knack to it!

On a side note, and I will probably find it in the manual eventually. How do you turn the M5000 off? If you press the standby button it goes to sleep, but not off.....

Jonathan

I am curious, do any of you use your fingers directly on the screen to dial telephone numbers when the universal is in portrait mode? I guess some of you will want to avoid getting greasy fingermarks on the screen so always use the stylus or use voice commands.

Also, has anyone any comments yet on how good the quality of the screen is in terms of scratches (i.e does it seem scratch resistant?). I hate screen protectors as I can never get them on perfectly no matter how hard I try....there must be a knack to it!

On a side note, and I will probably find it in the manual eventually. How do you turn the M5000 off? If you press the standby button it goes to sleep, but not off.....

Jonathan

I use my finger on the screen all the time, hardly ever using the stylus. I have always done that with every pocket pc type device I have ever had, never caused much of an issue.

I think the thing with screen protectors is to get ones that do not use glue to stick to the screen but rather ones that use a whats like a static charge effect. JavoEdge protectors are the best I have tried. The M5000 screen seems fairly resistant.

Guest afhstingray

since i upgrade every year, i just use my devices hard....

putting them in cases or screen protectors kinda sucks...never gotten used to the feeling of using a screen protector