How low can Orange go?

Guest dolphinsmile

Guest dolphinsmile

Orange has really pissed me off now.

They sent me out the M5000 for free and allowed me to try 3g for 3months 1000mg each month. Then they turn off the sim which meant I lost all of my contacts from the past 3 years now they turn the sim back on but wont let me have the Try.

Every person you speak to have a different excuse.

One tried to tell me that the M5000 wasn’t a 3g phone and therefore didn’t qualify for the try bundle.

It really is a rotten company that has taken the lead from NTL.

Guest dazza12

Get in contact with the Executive Office about the matter. The Executive Office are a department that deals with complaints, and seems to be the only people with any power.

Their email address is [email protected].

Also, the following post contains addresses and phone numbers of the relevant contacts:

http://www.modaco.com/Orange_taking_the_pi...115703-s15.html

Hmmmm... I seem to be one of the few people that is actually very happy AND impressed by Orange and their customer service! Called them yesterday to see if I could do an early upgrade and they've given me a FREE M5000 for being such a loyal customer! (Been with them 12 years and spend about 60-80 a month!)

No complaints here - Anyone else happy with them??

Guest dolphinsmile

Orange is suffering from Schizophrenia.

Today I get a call from them saying how very sorry they are that they cut off my sim gave me back the try bundle and £20 credit on my account.

Without me pursuing the issue with them.

Beware of the mad Orange.

Edited by dolphinsmile

Guest removed-14
Hmmmm... I seem to be one of the few people that is actually very happy AND impressed by Orange and their customer service! Called them yesterday to see if I could do an early upgrade and they've given me a FREE M5000 for being such a loyal customer! (Been with them 12 years and spend about 60-80 a month!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry but where loyal customer, read lucrative customer. I've been with Orange for 8 years but only spend £15 - £20 a month... my upgrade from M2000 to M5000 cost...

£379 + £150 cause my contract was only 10 months in!!!! Orange can kiss it!

Off to O2 for a £19 a month contract (12 months) and an O2 XDA Exec for £149. Plus the monthly deal works out better value than the £15 a month one!!!

My old mans contract finishes end of January and can upgrade now from a reeeeeally old Nokia to an m2000 for 149.99 or the m5000 for 199.99 ... he pays £25 a month n doesn't use much of his minutes.

Guest removed-14
My old mans contract finishes end of January and can upgrade now from a reeeeeally old Nokia to an m2000 for 149.99 or the m5000 for 199.99 ... he pays £25 a month n doesn't use much of his minutes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lucky for your old man. I know why mine was so expensive. They don't like people on the smallest contract amount. Im not too sure it is even available. Quick look at Oranges site, the cheapest you can get is £20 a month. They wanted me to upgrade my contract as well!

Guest thelondonthing
Lucky for your old man. I know why mine was so expensive. They don't like people on the smallest contract amount. Im not too sure it is even available. Quick look at Oranges site, the cheapest you can get is £20 a month. They wanted me to upgrade my contract as well!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm on Premier at £55 a month, yet I was quoted an upgrade price of £199.99. Bizarrely, I was told that the second number on my account - which is on a £25/month tariff - could upgrade to the M5000 for £14.99. So the higher-priced tariff gets charged more for an upgrade? I was told it's because I spend more over the monthly tariff amount on the £25 tariff, so effectively their scoring system tells them that they can squeeze more out of me. On the Premier line, I rigidly stick to my included minutes and data and rarely exceed that, so it's not classified as a "high-expenditure connection". Even worse is that the £25 tariff is able to be upgraded four months early at no extra charge for absolutely no explicable reason, yet the Premier line can only be upgraded two months early because that happens to be a feature of Orange Premier.

The whole thing's a sorry mess.

I called last night at 9pm and asked to speak to a supervisor so that I could make a complaint over the fact that none of the handsets to which I want to upgrade have been available for ten days (indeed 12 of the 32 handsets available for upgrade are currently out of stock - that's 3/8 or 37.5% of their range!), and was told that there were no supervisors available because it was so late on a Sunday. The clueless child to whom I was speaking promised that she would arrange for a supervisor to call me "first thing tomorrow morning". With barely two hours of the morning remaining, I can't say I'm holding my breath for that call.

So very, very poor.

Even worse is that the £25 tariff is able to be upgraded four months early at no extra charge for absolutely no explicable reason

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here except 199.99 !

Edited by w411y

• 2 months later...
Guest geraintwd

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh, I've been with them 6 years, spending about £65 per month in total for both my wife and myself. They wouldn't upgrade me for free - wanted £250, and then said they didn't even have the thing in stock.

I found an offer via the Coolsmartphone site and now have a T-Mobile MDA Pro on the following tarriff:

£55 per month (1/2 price for first 6 months i.e. £27.50)

18 month contract

400 any network any time mins (text bundle was extra)

Web n Walk 40MB per month

400 mins is excessive for my needs (200 would be more like it), but at half-price for 6 months it is about the same as my Orange contract, and I can reduce the tarriff after 11 months, so only really 5 months of paying over the odds for minutes I'll never use.

Anyway, it's worth it just to get the device for nada. Now we'll see how good their service is...