Experience of T-Mobile SDA II?

Guest Seinman

Guest Seinman

About to leave Orange with my C500. I was going to go to O2 Online PAYG for £10 a month for 100 Minutes. However, I have seen that T-Mobile are offering the SDA II free for £13 a month for 12 months on the Web 'N Walk tarriff, which gives you 100 minutes a month and 40MB open web access a month. This is a superb deal. T-Mobile says it includes Windows Mobile 5.0 Nervous about T-Mobile's coverage but their view of web access seems streets ahead of the other networks.

Anyone used the SDA II and have views on it, especially on Web 'N Walk?

Edited by Seinman

Guest Pondrew

Woah! T-Mobile said it was Windows Mobile 5? Because they couldn't tell me over the phone. I went into a T-Mobile store a week ago and used the SDA II. It has NOT got Windows Mobile 5 and isn't an HTC Tornado (despite using the same case as the Imate SP5m) but an HTC Hurricane same as the SPV C550.

That means it's got a QVGA screen but no wifi and is only running Windows Mobile 2003SE. If it had been a Tornado I would have snapped it up on Web N Walk ages ago. Web N Walk at the moment seems a real steal. More then half price for 12 of the 18month contract including 40meg GPRS a month and then half price as long as you don't change your tariff or accept an upgrade. If I wasn't 9months into a relatively expensive 18month contract I'd have grabbed it already as it costs little more then the 12meg GPRS I'm paying for at the mo :?:

Moved to HTC Hurricane Section (from HTC Tornado section ;) )

Guest Seinman

Really? Hmmm....

The person in telesales couldn't tell me so she transferred me to tech. support. He checked and said it was Mobile 5.0 Guess he was wrong. Maybe I will go for the Nokia N70 instead then. It was only attractive with Mobile 5.0

Sighhhh

Guest Pondrew
Really? Hmmm....

The person in telesales couldn't tell me so she transferred me to tech. support. He checked and said it was Mobile 5.0 Guess he was wrong. Maybe I will go for the Nokia N70 instead then. It was only attractive with Mobile 5.0

Sighhhh

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just as accurate as when they told me about the MDA Vario having video calling huh :?:

Sorry bout the bad news but unless they've relaunched the device in the last week it's just running WM2003SE. As I say, I had a quick play with the device and looked closely at Settings / About. It was WM2003SE. If anyone knows of an update to WM5 tell me because I would definately get the SDA II then!

Guest Seinman
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless they've relaunched the device in the last week it's just running WM2003SE. If anyone knows differently tell me because I'd get it!

Just as accurate as when they told me about the MDA Vario having video calling huh  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW are you on T-Mobile? If so, how do you rate their coverage?

Guest Pondrew
BTW are you on T-Mobile? If so, how do you rate their coverage?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I live in an area where Orange only gets 1bar if that. My Smartphones would never work hence leaving for T-Mobile. I only get 2bars on T-Mobile but I know that's better then all the other providers (think the poor signal is to do with being on a hill).

The only time I've had to complain about T-Mobile coverage was when I broke down in Scotland and had no signal at all!