Beer drinkers step in......

Guest afhstingray

Guest afhstingray

speaking of international beers, i was in sri lanka helping out with the tsunami relief, and there are 2 popular beers there, lion beer, and three coins beer. apparently they are brewed in a really really old brewery that was set up by the british :S

but they are AWESOME!!! and at 20p a bottle (700ml !!!) you cant get better value than that. they taste as good as a bud, but without the wateryness!!!

singapore's tiger beer (the original one thats brewed in asia pacific breweries brewery) is pretty good too, but a bit bitter

Guest Pondrew
Guinness, but if it has to be lager then Red Stripe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, didn't think I could include the blackstuff. My drink of choice too.

Hehe, incidentally I bet Beersoft is the next to post ;)

Guest Disco Stu

Red Stripe is a strong(ish) lager originally brewed in Jamaica but now comes from Interbrew in Northampton like everything else we're listing here :roll:

It does get sold in pubs and some supermarkets but, as a trendy beer, it has had its day ;)

And yes, unless Bud is served at the required super-chilled temperature it tastes dreadful. Not that it tastes of much when it is served correctly, like most American beers.

Guest beersoft

sorry, i was making a list

my beers of choice are

stella

oranjiboom (or however you spell it)

Hacker-Pschorr

that frenchbeer (burg or something)

becks

or anything but budwater

later

Owen

Stella - 99.9999% of the time.

Hoegaarden or

Leffe or

Staropramen...if I fancy a change

Never drink Bud. It's gotta be the worst. Sweet and watery.

Chiz

Edited by Chiz

Guest ricardo the fish

so many beers so little time!!

lets see...

Estrella Galicia - can't seem to find this in the UK any more :evil: but It's my beer of choice when in Spain.

Bombadier - a great british ale, even the bottle from the supermarket are full pints!!

Boddingtons -no longer the cream of Manchester since Interbrew decided to make it elsewhere :twisted:

well thats my top three

usually end up drinking generic largers

Fosters, carlsberg etc..

Oh and I find Bud (as with all US Beer) a bit like making love in a canoe - F***ing close to water!!

also can't stand wife beater (stella)

Guest Matt Kirby

Well,

Stella = Monster hangovers, I avoid like the plague (anyone else have this?). Too many chemicals I think, prob. why it's got the "wifebeater" tag.

Guiness if I'm not in a lager mood, Staropramen if they do it, then Grolsch, Becks, Kroenbourg.

If I'm somewhere whose only "premium" lager is Stella then I'll move onto cooking-lager, pref. Carlsberg, but after that probably anything!

I do love the odd pint of Hoegarden or Leffe, but I can't afford to get pi$$ed on them!

Just remembered - there is a bar opposite where I used to work that did Asahi (if I've spelt that correctly! Japanesse lager) on tap, very nice stuff.

Edited by Matt Kirby