Beer drinkers step in......

Guest afhstingray

Guest ricardo the fish
i wonder if hoegarden has a less of a hangover effect because its supposedly organic and possible contains less chemicals

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll be sure to check this out as and when i win the Lottery :)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

So much rubbish being drunk!

Stella is so bad, my local serves it but keeps it on just one tap hidden round the corner of the bar to stop the chavs getting trashed on it!

If i'm on a normal night out i'll usually drink kronenburg, mid-high priced, fairly strong and actually tastes good. I'll avoid fosters/carlsburg/stella/carling at all costs.

I'm i'm down the pub for a nights drinking i'll look for the places selling decent ales! Spitfire, Theakstons, Bombardier, Fagins, all good. So disapointed when our local Weatherspoons got converted to a crappy expensive Lloyds, they jacked up all the prices and exchanged 1.49 a pint of Spitfire for 1.79 a pint of crappy Burton bitter or Marstons Pedigree! :)

Guest awarner [MVP]

I thought this was a topic of proper beer not pwater :)

You want a real ale or a decent bitter, nothing beats wadsworth 6X or Gales HSB :D

Then again Hobgoblin from the Oxford brewery is an intereting taste to get used to.

Guest mcwarre

I can't believe that I missed this topic until now :D

Has to be (in no particular order):

Lager: Hoegaarden

Bitter: Any real ale (Rebellion Red (near Marlow) is a nice tipple; their brewery trip is £8 entrance and free beer!!! Beery and I would bankrupt them in about.... a week ;)

Short: Whiskey (Laphraoig, Talisker or Bushmills)

Guinness: Guinness

Dodgy Stuff: Poteen or Meths (extra cold) :shock:

Carling, Fosters, Stella, 1664 and Kronenburg (indeed any Chemically containing stuff): Nil Point :) :D

Guest afhstingray
I can't believe that I missed this topic until now  :D

Has to be (in no particular order):

Lager: Hoegaarden

Bitter: Any real ale (Rebellion Red (near Marlow) is a nice tipple; their brewery trip is £8 entrance and free beer!!!  Beery and I would bankrupt them in about.... a week  ;)

Short: Whiskey (Laphraoig, Talisker or Bushmills)

Guinness: Guinness

Dodgy Stuff: Poteen or Meths (extra cold)  :shock:

Carling, Fosters, Stella, 1664 and Kronenburg (indeed any Chemically containing stuff): Nil Point  :)  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

chemically containing? Hmm is carling that bad? I usually take a carling when im out because i rather enjoy my ales at home, and i think the other lagers are a bit overpriced (student budget!!!)

I havent really seen any pubs using the "original hoegaarden" mug in croydon, but when i was up in stoke i got a shock when i was served with one, its huge and heavy, you could bludgeon a blue whale into submission with one lol......

i do agree though, stella can be a bit of a menace however the chavs here dont usually buy it in pubs (expensive) you see them buying loads of it from the off liscences though.

Guest Gazza316
Tonight I shall mostly be drinking Black Sheep Best Bitter.

http://www.blacksheepbrewery.com/beers/cask.cfm

If the footie* is fogged off I shall doubtless be drinking a lot of it.  :)

* that's Leeds, not Coventry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good choice, u ever been for a trip round that brewery? It's pretty good some i've been on only let u have 1 or 2 drinks but there u can drink as much as u can of any of their beers for about 2hrs.

For me its Fosters on a normal night

Diesel if we're on a mission

John Smiths if i'm out with the old man

Guiness if i'm in the mood

Vodka when i'm going to tap a toe on the dance floor

Whiskey when i want to throw up

Gazza