Imate SP5

Guest trevormuk

Guest trevormuk

Before I buy one of these... is there anywhere I can go to physically try it out...

Having bought a C550 before I had seen it/felt it, only to discover when it arrived I absolutely hated it - I definately would like to see it in the flesh.

Cheers

Before I buy one of these... is there anywhere I can go to physically try it out...

Having bought a C550 before I had seen it/felt it, only to discover when it arrived I absolutely hated it - I definately would like to see it in the flesh.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sunrise Business Center on Tottenham Court Road in London.

Guest shadamehr

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well if you put your location in your profile so that it shows over the the left there, then if nothing else, a user with one living near you might offer to show you their's??? Edited by shadamehr

Guest trevormuk
Well if you put your location in your profile so that it shows over the the left there, then if nothing else, a user with one living near you might offer to show you their's???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooer Mrs!!!

Good point though!

I'm in the North East. Live in Durham... work in Darlington

Cheers

Oooer Mrs!!!

Good point though!

I'm in the North East. Live in Durham... work in Darlington

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tottenham Court Road's probably not much use then!

Guest trevormuk
Got my SP5 last week, well worth getting one!

Live not too far away (Spennymoor)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you ever near the A1 services at Bowburn? 5 minutes of your time and a feel of your phone would be much appreciated?!!

Cheers

Guest trevormuk
Tottenham Court Road's probably not much use then!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers m8 ... I am in London quite a bit ... I don't know why I didn't thik of that.

Edited by trevormuk

Guest gilesjuk
Are you ever near the A1 services at Bowburn? 5 minutes of your time and a feel of your phone would be much appreciated?!!

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trust me when I say this phone will seem weird for a while, but you get used to it. When I first got an Sp3 it seemed weird and the Sp5 is different ergonomically so it takes time to get used to the stick and the keys.

But it's better than the Sp3 on the whole, MSN seems to have gone back in terms of usability, I;m sure it's all done to make it use less traffic and so the phone can seamlessly move between wifi and gprs. But it's annoying to type a long message and then get an error, only to have to type it again.

Guest trevormuk
Trust me when I say this phone will seem weird for a while, but you get used to it. When I first got an Sp3 it seemed weird and the Sp5 is different ergonomically so it takes time to get used to the stick and the keys.

But it's better than the Sp3 on the whole, MSN seems to have gone back in terms of usability, I;m sure it's all done to make it use less traffic and so the phone can seamlessly move between wifi and gprs. But it's annoying to type a long message and then get an error, only to have to type it again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks M8... that's the trouble ... I really like the feel of the C500 ... it is so easy to like and use! When I got the C550 it was a bit weird... but I did not get use to it... it just didn't feel right! I want to make sure the SP5 is right... or I iwll go with the C600, which is more like the C500...

Cheers

Guest gilesjuk

Keys are nicer on the Sp5, I think the much maligned rocker on the C500 was good apart from the click action.

The buttons on the side of the SP5 are a bit stiff, not too keen on them.

The phone is good, there's no better windows smartphone IMHO.

Guest trevormuk
Keys are nicer on the Sp5, I think the much maligned rocker on the C500 was good apart from the click action.

The buttons on the side of the SP5 are a bit stiff, not too keen on them.

The phone is good, there's no better windows smartphone IMHO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm

thanks m8 but I'm not convinced. The shape and size of the C500 (and probably the C600) is so easy to hold/use/stick in your shirt pocket etc... is more important. But I really want to feel the SP5... before Imake my final decision....

Cheers

Guest illumin8

Have had the SP5m for over a week and am amazed at this phone. It looks slick as well....even got comments from D600 owner.

If I manage to port some of my apps to this phone I'll be like a pig in sh*&!

Cheers

Guest gilesjuk
Hmmm

thanks m8 but I'm not convinced. The shape and size of the C500 (and probably the C600) is so easy to hold/use/stick in your shirt pocket etc... is more important. But I really want to feel the SP5... before Imake my final decision....

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you say so, however the C600 will retain the C500 shape but most of it will be different.

Guest trevormuk
Or if you are ever near the Gateshead Metrocentre I can easily meet up too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the offer mate. I only ever venture that far north of the region on a Saturday/Sunday ... and on those days I avoid the MC.... several arguments and sore heads have resulted from venturing in to that place!

Very good of you to offer though... cheers

T

ps... I'm sure you've heard it before ... love your aivatar!

Guest trevormuk
Yeah can easily pop down to bowburn services.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi mate

Don't suppose you can spare 5 minutes tomorrow night - say 6.30pm at the services?

Cheers