M5000 Reception

Guest Dade

Anyone else have any issues with the reception on their M5000? I just got my M5000 but the reception on mine is much worse than with my M500. Is this an issue that anyone else has, is it the M5000 or do I have a duff one?

Anyone else have any issues with the reception on their M5000? I just got my M5000 but the reception on mine is much worse than with my M500. Is this an issue that anyone else has, is it the M5000 or do I have a duff one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a bit early to be sure, but I think the reception on my M5000 is dreadful too. I got cut off twice driving down the lower part of the M11 the other day, and I'm sure I've previously had no problems there with my old Treo. It may have been the weather of course, so like I say it's too early to be sure.

Wiz.

It's a bit early to be sure, but I think the reception on my M5000 is dreadful too. I got cut off twice driving down the lower part of the M11 the other day, and I'm sure I've previously had no problems there with my old Treo. It may have been the weather of course, so like I say it's too early to be sure.

Wiz.

Well I normally have a pretty good signal at home, 2/3 bars but at the moment the M5000 has no signal at all. I put the sim in the M500 and the signal is back to normal.

Well I normally have a pretty good signal at home, 2/3 bars but at the moment the M5000 has no signal at all. I put the sim in the M500 and the signal is back to normal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep same here.I normally have full strength on my c500.Now I have none at best 1. Doesn't seem to effect calls though at mo,but time will tell.

M5000 barely registers any coverage most of the time, whilst my old 6310i shows max signal strength at the same locations.

My M5000 is currently "dropping" 9 out of 10 calls when I try to answer. Also takes about 5 attempts to successfully get through the answerphone menu without disconnecting.

I Have the MDA Pro, and mine also shows very low signal strength (normally none or 1 @ work), but i never seem to have problems making or receiving calls. I also keep have reception in places the M2000 used to to struggle.

Guest Pondrew

The low/non existant signal but still taking and making calls sounds like the signal indicator isn't configured properly (something they can very easily fix in a rom update and probably will). A radio stack upgrade should improve the actual reception (it's done so on my Pocket PC Phone in the past). Place your bets on which HTC Universal brand will receive an update first!

My money would go on Imate. After all, they were the first to ship and usually release updates first...

Guest The Lostprophet

my signal id quite bad as well. im getting 2bars of signal (not 3g signal as its even worse!!)....i can see the mast from my house!! lol used to get full signal on my old phone. and dropping quite alot of calls as well! shame i didnt pay much attention to it as this is V important to me!would of sent it back under the 7day thing! bit late now ;) but if i remember rightly my XDA used to be the same many moons ago!

The low/non existant signal but still taking and making calls sounds like the signal indicator isn't configured properly (something they can very easily fix in a rom update and probably will). A radio stack upgrade should improve the actual reception (it's done so on my Pocket PC Phone in the past). Place your bets on which HTC Universal brand will receive an update first!

My money would go on Imate. After all, they were the first to ship and usually release updates first...

There is already a new radio version floating around.

Guest basharv

I've noticed that my calls drop out when the phone changes from 3G to no 3G. The bars also change from no signal to 5 bars after the change on GPRS. I have assumed that this is a bug as the 3G signal also does this on my mobile data card but doesn't loose a connection.

I've noticed that my calls drop out when the phone changes from 3G to no 3G. The bars also change from no signal to 5 bars after the change on GPRS. I have assumed that this is a bug as the 3G signal also does this on my mobile data card but doesn't loose a connection.

Reception on mine totally sucks. One minute it will be sitting on the desk with 3/4 bars then the next I have no service!

I know people have this problem, but has anyone reported this to O. Will they know about it to release a ROM update ? I am certainly going to report it for one

I certainly shall report it. Im preduct reviewing for Orange. I will also point them at this thread.

I read in another thread somewhere that Orange tend to neglect this forum... not sure how true that is mind but its definately worth reporting.

Read a lot about bugs etc seems there is a real need for a ROM update ;) Lets see how long this takes ....

Guest Jasonkruys

Mine APPEARS (in the hour I have used it) to be very similiar to my C500. I live in an area of very poor reception, but I am still getting a signal as much as I was.

Guest afhstingray

they probably knw about all the problems....

i wonder what phones the orange directors/ceo etc use.....

chances are if one of them have used this phone, and they probably will have considering its supposed to be their flagship and all that......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest techyphile
I certainly shall report it. Im preduct reviewing for Orange. I will also point them at this thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had the m5000 for a few days (3)

i thought it was justme, quite hard to make calls at work, also had no problems with my old spv500

Guest philtech44
I read in another thread somewhere that Orange tend to neglect this forum... not sure how true that is mind but its definately worth reporting.

Read a lot about bugs etc seems there is a real need for a ROM update :) Lets see how long this takes ....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suspect otherwise.. I know of a few Orange techies who seem to know all that goes on here at Modaco.. they just wont admit it :D