Help! My Wizard is stuck when booting

Guest bartsimp

Guest bartsimp

3 days with my SPV m3000 and already 1 hard reset and maybe a second to come...

This + activesync recurring problems, I'm really pissed of with this little piece of techno.

So, my problem: I installed newsbreak, then decided to remove it. I did it with the "remove programs" entry in the settings. It told me that it couldn't remove it properly... and i'm sure the program was not running.

SO I rebooted and deleted manually the elements.

Sonn after that I got a "Notification error: Cant' find \progam files\newsbreak\newsbreak.exe " like 20 times... I okayed it as many times as needed.

Took my registry editor and eradicated any trace of newsbreak, still the same message, rebooted and not I'm stuck with backlight off, orange defualt screen (with os, gsm... versions) and the windows mobile wait animation + the famous "notification error" message.

So newsbreak, the news software that breaks your wizard...?

Guest Pondrew

Sounds like it's not yet fully compatible with WM5. One thing to check would have been whether there was a link to Newsbreak in the hidden startup folder...

Did you get the SPV M3000 abroad? If you could, do you mind sharing the rom versions (and country of origin) in the Wizard rom version thread here?

Guest bartsimp
Sounds like it's not yet fully compatible with WM5. One thing to check would have been whether there was a link to Newsbreak in the hidden startup folder...

Did you get the SPV M3000 abroad? If you could, do you mind sharing the rom versions (and country of origin) in the Wizard rom version thread here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

abroad compared to UK, yes ;)

I'm french and got it in france.

I'll update the thread with my info as soon as I get access to my phone...

I havent' looked in the startup folder but the exe itself was deleted.

Guest Pondrew
abroad compared to UK, yes ;)

I'm french and got it in france.

I'll update the thread with my info as soon as I get access to my phone...

I havent' looked in the startup folder but the exe itself was deleted.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, often forget that the rest of the world isn't abroad to folks in the rest of the world! :D