SP5 WiFi/802.1x Problems

Guest JeffBridges

Guest JeffBridges

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get the SP5 working properly with 802.1x

I am using a Windows SBS 2003 Server, running IAS for wireless authentication. The AP is using WPA-TKIP, and the authentication protocol is PEAP/MSCHAP-V2.

The SP5 lists the wireless network correctly, but when asked to connect will keep trying without success. I am not asked for a username, password or domain at any time.

I have installed the SBS 2003 root certificate to allow Server ActiveSync. I do not believe I need to use the enroll utility as PEAP does not require a personal certificate.

Has anyone got this phone working in a similar environment? Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Edited by JeffBridges

Guest zeros1122
Just wondering if anyone has managed to get the SP5 working properly with 802.1x

I am using a Windows SBS 2003 Server, running IAS for wireless authentication.  The AP is using WPA-TKIP, and the authentication protocol is PEAP/MSCHAP-V2. 

The SP5 lists the wireless network correctly, but when asked to connect will keep trying without success.  I am not asked for a username, password or domain at any time.

I have installed the SBS 2003 root certificate to allow Server ActiveSync.  I do not believe I need to use the enroll utility as PEAP does not require a personal certificate.

Has anyone got this phone working in a similar environment?  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Tornado doesn't support no-cert peap. Maybe Funk will have sp version later.

1. Please use enroll to get your server cert first.

2. ap setting: wpa-tls, cipher: tkip. EAP server: point to your radius server.

Guest JeffBridges

I now have this working, turns out the SP5 does support PEAP with only a root cert.

It was not working initially as when we had moved from a simple WPA-PSK/MAC Filtering AP setup to a WPA-TKIP 802.1x/IAS setup I had changed the encyryption type but forgotten to disable MAC filtering...

So the SP5 discovered the wireless network, poped up and asked for a username, password, domain and connected perfectly. I did not have to use the enrollment app.