Push email?

Guest martinwcooper

Guest martinwcooper

Quick question guys: does the Vario have a push email (i.e. Blackberry) client like my MDAIII? I'd like to upgrade, but Blackberry is essential for me.

If the Vario doesn't have this, does anyone know whether O2's version will?

Cheers ;)

Guest martinwcooper
Does this help?

Thanks

Chiz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great, thanks. Maybe I'll leave it till the new year to see how it's looking then.

Driekus - you're right about dialling into Outlook periodically, but I just couldn't go back to pull after having had push for so long now. It just works so well.

• 2 weeks later...
I've read about this a little while ago, and am looking forward to it. I would pay a service for this (maybe AU$7-8 a month) for push on my K-JAM.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about regular wap push? Is it supported?

Not sure if this makes any sense to anyone.  It doesn't to me and may be of no use.

Apologies if it does not give any further information on the subject.

Chiz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are regarding the wap push issue, let me tell a few words about it: there are many services based on wap push technology. Wap push i specially coded SMS which has an URL embedded. When you recieve it you just click on the link and you go to an URL adress.

For example: there is an email service which sends you wap push notification upon recieving new mail. You just open the message and you go straight to your inbox on some web/wap mail service. Also some content IE pictures, ringtones etc can be downloaded via wap push.

If you are regarding the wap push issue, let me tell a few words about it:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wasn't referring to that but the link I posted.

Thanks for the wap push info. though. I sort of understood it already but your explanation helped.

Chiz